Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage Help Please

Hi All
    Im trying to find a marriage for Cyril Stevenson possibly to a Lillian would be in Sheffield between 1938 and 1951.
    Any Help would be appreciated..

Hello and Welcome to FTF.

Part of our policy is not to name people who could be still living. Do you have Ancestry? You can trawl through the index.
    I'll have a look......do you have the year the first child was born (not that it matters some times)

If the above people are still living, you might have to remove their names and just ask if anyone will do a look up and you can send them a pm.

Comment

There's a marriage between Cyril Stevenson and Nancy Rowland Q4 1939 Sheffield
      Vol 9c Page 1075.

Would that be the right one?

Comment

Thanks
        Thats not the right one it was def a lillian. I know they both died in the 90's from family info.

Comment

Ok ...I'll keep looking then. Strangely there is a Lillian Rowland marrying same time but to a different fellow.

There's no chance they were sisters and you've got the wrong one, is there???

Comment

Found this but it's a little early (1936) with a name variation (Stephenson) and in the registers at Hull:

http://www.ukbmdsearch.org.uk/certapp.php?type=marriages&data=STEPHENSON%7cCyril %7cLOUSON%7cLillian%7cSt%20Barnabas%7cHull%7c1936% 7c1936%7c%7cHL%3aHBA%2f10%2f7%7cS%7c94165%7cyorksh ire%7cHL&lang=

It may not be what you want but I've put it up as an option anyway.

Comment

Thanks for looking.
              Ive been told that it was a lilian but you never know x

Comment

Do you know if they had children? The mother's maiden name should be on the index.

Comment

Im Not sure i'll try and find out more info then get back to you. It was a long shot and think i need to find out a bit more.

Comment

No worries. I'll have a further look tomorrow for any other Cyrils.....maybe that's the same fellow and that was another marriage.

Comment

Try this one.....

Cyril F Stephenson and Lily Hall ... Leeds (sorry not great with UK geography)
                      Q3 Vol 9b Page 1341.

Comment

hi and welcome to FTF!

might I suggest that you purchase the death certs first and then work backwards? if they both died in the 1990's then there will be a DOB on their certs,

it is always better to prove your findings as you go along, rather than get all the info and then discover you have made an error!
                        Julie
                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                        X