London Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Marriage

Hi I am trying to find the marriage of Leslie Harold Poppy born 1909 and Margaret Mary Thorne born 1913 both of West Ham. I have checked free bmd but can't find anything. Can you please help Both Leslie and Margaret Poppy are now dead both died 1990 I think ??

Regards
    Sheila
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Hi Sheila.....

Did they die in UK? Just being nosey as I might see their deaths while I'm looking for the marriage.

Do you have any children for them???

Comment

Hi Libby , yes they died in the UK, they had 3 children the eldest son born May 1938 Off shopping see you later
      sheila

Comment

They married Q3 1936 Essex S. W. Vol 4a Page 1334.

Leslie was born 1st Oct 1909 West Ham and died Feb 1999 in Norfolk

Comment

Thank you Libby that's him

Sheila

Comment

Can anyone please tell me what area Essex S.W. covers ??
            Sheila

Comment

Essex South Western Registration District

Comment

Good Morning Merry from a very wet Queensland. Thank you for that

Sheila

Comment

Incidentally, Sheila, if you're looking for a marriage of someone b as late as 1913, it's definitely worth checking the coverage pages on FreeBMD FreeBMD : Coverage, before you use up a lot of time. At the moment, there's very little after 1930, and occasional gaps/shortages elsewhere in time.

In fact, it's always worth checking the charts, if you're having trouble finding a BMD event there; maybe even checking first, if you're after a more recent event.

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I think West Ham did not actually transfer to London from Essex until 1960's, though it was long before thought of as 'Essex in London', and most born there consider/considered themselves Londoners.

Comment

Working...
                    X