Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've Found Her!! (Mildred Gailey that is)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Found Her!! (Mildred Gailey that is)

Well I've found a bit but for me that is definitely a losening of the bricks in that dratted wall - all thanks to the Irish Registers Pilot.

Sarah Mildred Pigott died 2Q 1909 in Co Fermanagh. Now I just need to find her birth (think it is Co Donegal as that is what the 1901 Dublin census has) and the most important thing - her marriage certificate. (I'm still convinced that there is one somewhere in the world)

I'm surprised by how late her death is - how much does a 9yr old remember of their mother as according to my mother her father had no memories of his mother and he would've been all but 9 when she died. I will need to get this death cert but I am 99% certain that this is the right lady as on my grandfather's birth cert she is Mildred and on the 1901 census she is Sarah. also by that time my mother said that gt grandfather was a land agent in Co Fermanagh.
    Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Wow, that's good news. Could it be that the family weren't living together before she died and that's why he doesn't remember her?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
      Wow, that's good news. Could it be that the family weren't living together before she died and that's why he doesn't remember her?
      That is quite possible - my grandfather could quite easily have been sent to England to prep school but my mother seems to remember that he was farmed out to his spinster Aunts (and there were enough of them! ) His father remarried in 1911 to his "first love".
      Bo

Comment

To mark your success and also on health and safety grounds for use around those crumbling walls you are now presented with.............

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
        My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
        My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Thank you Glen - that will hopefully be needed quite a bit when I get my wrecking ball fully working :D - but I'm still faced with irish records! :o
          Bo

Comment

Working...
          X