Think Im going mad(der)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think Im going mad(der)

Please dont waste any time people, but I was talking to my auntie last night and brought up the family tree on the puter and I was looking at stuff I did right at the start of my research and there, alongside my nan (Emma) in the 1891 was a couple of bros Ive never traced. I asked auntie about them and she said she hadnt heard of them though she knew one of Nans bros had died young.

Now this morning, thought Id have a look for one of them on ancestry, William Hanson who is shown on my old notes in the 1891 as being 1 month old. Easy peasy I thought, just check the 1891 again to see more detail. BUT zilcho. Cant find them on the 1891 at all. I know Ive got conjunctivitis - hence asking you lot to recheck, but Im sure they should have leapt out but dont? In the 1901 there is neither Samuel or William.

This is the 6 year old notes I have on them for the 1891:

HANSON, James R Head Married M age 30 born 1861 occ Wood Turner

London
    HANSON, Maria Wife Married F 27 1864
    North Lambeth
    London
    HANSON, Samuel W Son Single M 4 1887
    North Lambeth
    London
    HANSON, Florence Daughter Single F 3 1888
    North Lambeth
    London
    HANSON, Emma Daughter Single F 2 1889
    North Lambeth
    London
    HANSON, William Son Single M 0 (1M) 1891
    North Lambeth

Im sure you are all going to find them immediately but if not, please dont waste any time on them. Ill wait til I feel more up to searching name variations myself.
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 28-01-09, 12:10.

Hi Heather

This is odd - I have a reference of RG12 Piece 493 Folio 78 Page 4 - taken from Find My Past, but when applying it to Ancestry, no matches come up.

James is a wood turner and lives at 33 Coopers Road, Camberwell. Other family members shown are Maria, Samuel W, Florence, Emma and William.

Gwyn
    Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

Reference from FMP
      RG12 / 493 / 78 / 4
      details as per your transcription above.

Looks to be missing on Ancestry.
      Elaine

Comment

Folio 78 page 4 is missing from Ancestry's record. Pages 3 and 5 are there!

Comment

Ancestry goes from page 3 to page 5.
          Elaine

Comment

I wonder if this could be Williams death? I'm not very 'up' on London districts.

Deaths Sep 1894 Hanson William 3 W. Ham 4a 123
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Many thanks guys, at least I know its not the creeping insanity and it just aint there.

West Ham would be other side of the river Chris, not impossible, but unlikely. I cant see Sam or William after 1891 poor little devils.

Just shows how much you miss when you first start all this, you are so intent on just one person in the family you dont see the others.

Thanks guys. Got a splitting headache now along with the pink eyes

Off to do a bit of the h word before OH moans at me. x

Comment

In 1901 there is a 14 year old James. I wonder where he is in 1891, unless he is the missing Samuel
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks Chris, thats really why I wanted to see the image of the 1891 this morning. As that was on my mind - thought it may have been mistransed. If that were the case, it would leave just the month old William.

Comment

Working...
                  X