Cant back up files to disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant back up files to disc

I am trying to back up my photos and documents onto a rewritable disc ,it asked if I wanted to delete the stuff on it and I said yes so it did ,got to the last 5 seconds and it just sat there for ages doing nothing so clicked on cancel it told me Windows was using this disc and not to cancel it till it has finished ???
    How can windows be using it ???? and now the disc wont eject
    any ideas please.

Have you looked at the Task Manager to see what's running, Val? Oh, just noticed the time on your post - probably it is sorted by now?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

no it isnt Kite I tried 3 other discs and got the same message ???
      Ended up doing it on a flash drive most odd.

Comment

Hi Val, You are having problems but then I think we all do. When I look back to my first PC in 1997 I wonder just what work I have put on to any PC. I am always like you sorting problems and the more that get sorted even more crop up.
        With this Windows Vista I have never been able to save to a CD so now use a Pen and an external hard drive.
        I don't get the same messages as you but I can never get a multisession as the PC tells me each time that the CD both + and - and RW, is full. I look at it via My Computer and it is blank and it has been formatted.
        I tried to use the Windows program, PowerToGo and later Nero 8 with the same problem. PC World sold me Nero 8 to sort the problem but when it did not work I went back and they told me that it was not compatible and I could not have my money back. Another program uninstalled and in a box on the floor with all my files.
        I think the CD's and Vista are incompatible but what to buy is a mystery.
        I have another program that I am thinking of trying it was a free one with a magazine 'Ashampoo Burning Studio 2009'.
        Margaret N
        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Margaret PC World sold me a usb adaptor that was useless for my Laptop I took it back and got my money back as they advised me to buy it.
          I have never had so many problems as Im getting now.
          I also get silly messages saying the discs are full when they arent, I may get Vista uninstalled and go back to Windows XP

Comment

Working...
          X