No announcement yet.

SMITH Marriage and death help please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMITH Marriage and death help please!!

Hi all,
    I appear to be up the creek without the proverbial paddle again!

I'm trying to find a marriage for Walter SMITH to Lily (or Lilian) SNOWDEN (or SNOWDON) in the 1920's probably in York
    and also a death for Lily (or Lilian) SMITH in the late 1960's early 1970's possibly in the Bournemouth (Hampshire) area. If it's any help,she was born in Yorkshire!!!!!

Any help much appreciated.
    Kind regards,
    Linda

I can't see anything for Lillian's death in Bournemouth on Free BMD. What is her dob?
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Hi Gertie
      If you are just looking on FreeBMD for the marriage it could be that it hasn't been transcribed yet. I did a search 1915-1930 for Snowdon/Snowden and these quarters are missing 1917 Sep & Dec 1920 Jun, Sep & Dec 1923 Dec
      1926 Sep & Dec 1928 Mar(only 1 entry so there must be lots more) Sep & Dec.
      Do you have a sub to Ancestry to look at the images?
      Moggie

Comment

Hi Jules,
        No idea - one reason I'm also looking for a marriage entry so I can send for the cert., which would give me her age!!!
        Regards,
        Gertie (Linda)

Comment

Hi Moggie,
          No, I don't have Ancestry unfortunately.
          Gertie

Comment

I've just had a look and got a

Lilian Smith age 85 in Bournemouth - Jan qtr 1969 6b 236 -

Is that too old?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I'll go and do the 1926 & 1928 quarters that are missing.
              Moggie

Comment

Another one

Lilian Dorothy L born 22 Aug 1906

d Bournemouth Oct qtr 1969 = 6b 427

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I looked for deaths 1968 - 1972 inclusive and only found those two in Bournemouth.

Comment

No Lily or Lilian marrying a Smith in 1926 or 1928. I'll g and do the earlier ones
                    now.
                    Moggie

Comment

Originally posted by JBee View Post
                      Another one

Lilian Dorothy L born 22 Aug 1906

d Bournemouth Oct qtr 1969 = 6b 427
                      There's no Lil* D Snowde/on birth reg in 1906.

Comment

So that doesn't look promising then.

Comment

Gertie, where did you get the Snowden/on surname from? I'm just thinking, if it was from a birth reg of a child of this couple, what if it wasn't Lilian's first marriage?

Comment

Hi Gertie
                            I found this one in qtr 2 1920 Lily Snowden to a Smith at York 9d 110
                            The matching spouse is Thomas W Smith. What do you think? The W possibly being for Walter.
                            Moggie

Comment

Thanks for all the replies! Not sure that Lilian D SMITH in Bournemouth is her though so I'll have to interrogate the family again. They are sure that she wasn't married before but you never know do you? I knew the SNOWDEN surname for the family but it is given on the birth entry of his son (my hubbies dad).
                              As for Lily and Thomas W SMITH marriage - possibly though no-one in the family ever knew him by that name - more interrogation!!!!!

Many thanks for the help and suggestions - brilliant!
                              Kinda regards,
                              Gertie

Comment

Do you know when/where Walter Smith died?

Comment

Hi Merry,
                                  No - only that he died before her! Not much help at all really. That's the problem when there's no-one left to ask isn't it!
                                  Gertie

Comment

Did hubby's dad have brothers and sisters? What years were they born? (and what year was hubby's dad born?). Don't post names here if they are alive!

Comment

Hubbys dad was born late 1920's early 30s -he had one brother not sure whether older or younger. Hubbys dad was Donald R. SMITH.
                                      Gertie

Comment

Hi Gertie
                                        Where was Donald born?
                                        Moggie

Comment

Working...
                                        X