milby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milby

I think this name is a mistranscription. Any ideas what it should be please?

Where have you found it Gloryer?
    Elaine

Comment

Wilby?

Comment

lol yes very cute. Supposed to be a females name.
        Its on 1911 census she is the wife of a Frederick Freed and they have a daughter Florrie. I think I know which Frederick it is but cant find the marriage of such a person.

Comment

Milly/Molly/Mally.

I have all of them in my lot.

Comment

Trilby?

Comment

If the age given for "Milby" is correct then she is very unlikely to be Florrie's mother, but would be Frederick's second wife. There is a Frederick James Freed marriage in Gravesend district Mar 1907 to either Paula Elise Krienitz(?) or Alice Maud Sedge - probably Alice as the other groom has a foreign name too. So could the name be Ally, short for Alice, do you think?
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

My grandmother Rebecca Lilian was known as Lily/Lilie/Lillie and on the 1881 census when she was a few months old was mistranscribed as ' Tilby ' LOL.
                ♥Viv in Herts♥

Researching Tucker in London/Australia. Cliff in U.S.A. Fuller, Eaton & Sa(u)nders in Bedfordshire. Turner, Morley, Blythe & Webb in Cambridgeshire/Suffolk. Want in Hertfordshire.

Comment

I have the one married to Alice Maud Sedge, Thank you.

Will try for Milly Molly Mandy:D

Comment

The child, Florrie, should be on the 1901 census. However, I can't find any Freed to fit, nor a birth registration for her either. The 1911 seems to have her born in Maidstone.

I cannot find a Frederick Freed b 1865ish in Maidstone either.

So is Florrie a step-daughter who has taken on Frederick's surname?

Comment

The Frederick that I believe it to be is the son of John Freed and Harriet Clout as thats the only one born Tovil the one in 1911 census is living at Tovil. I havent looked at the original but its possible that 'milby' is his daughter and not his 2nd wife.

Comment

Another alternative is Willoughby - a popular name in Norfolk.
                        Phoenix - with charred feathers
                        Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Working...
                        X