Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you cant find them in 1911

have you tried searching for them under the christian anme of Mr or Mrs
    For instance some of mine are Christopher Freed but listed as Mr Christopher Freed...... I have quite a few with a christian name of Mrs or Mr

Householders with an attack of form-filling-itis!
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I noticed that the other day too most annoying

Comment

I have also found yet another annoying ancestor on the 1911. I have all the details imaginable of my G-grandfather, from BMD's, censuses etc without a hitch. Naturally I thought that finding him and his family on the 1911 would be a breeze, especially as these census forms were filled in by the head of the household. Wrong! The silly old chap decided to give his first name as 'Robert' instead of his full Christian names of 'James Benjamin'. Why, oh why, I wonder...........?:(

Chris

Comment

I've lost a baby a few months old.
          His parents are there,( Frederic and Georgina Maud ) as is Grannie visiting from Ireland, but where is baby Charles Batchelor, b.December 1910.?
          He died in April 1912 and is buried near Folkestone, Kent

Comment

If that's likely, then it might be worth using the Advanced options, and using Name starts with "Mr"

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

If you are looking for Mc or Mac, try a space between them and and the main part of the name e.g Mc Donald or Mac Donald, found a whole missing family that way.
              Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
              Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
              Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
              Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
              Devine in Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by Gwyn in Kent View Post
                I've lost a baby a few months old.
                His parents are there,( Frederic and Georgina Maud ) as is Grannie visiting from Ireland, but where is baby Charles Batchelor, b.December 1910.?
                He died in April 1912 and is buried near Folkestone, Kent

Gwyn, have you checked on the actual image to see if he is missing, or is that just from the transcription?
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Kate
                  I admit this is just from the transcription. Maybe Charles was left off the index, as was another family member in 1891.
                  O.H. has been looking as they are linked to his family.Perhaps I should look at the image, ....I know how he looks for things around the house and can't find them !

Comment

another thing I noticed is some of them have a birth year of between 1800 and 1911 ...... is that because they dont know when they were born so just give it the maximum range.

Comment

Is your Charles a Charley? This turns out the be the spelling of one of my great uncles in the 1911 (he's only 2 weeks old, form filled out by his aunt as mother still had the nurse in residence & her husband was at sea)

Comment

And Charley can be spelled in lots of ways:

Charley
                        Charly
                        Charlie
                        Charlee

And that's before factoring in misreadings and mistranscriptions!

Christine
                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I've never known him to be called Charley or variants, but anything is possible.
                          The family went through a series of naming boys a combination of one or other, or both Charles and Frederic.
                          The poor little chap didn't live long, so I would like to find him.

Will let O.H. have the pleasure of looking for the image of them, as they're his family.

Comment

Working...
                          X