Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheshire parish register project

Hello

I have been looking for the baptism of my 6xGrt Grandfather Daniel Bennett for some time now.
    Daniel Bennett was born in Cheshire c1739 and he married in Christleton in 1758.
    His wife Hannah Harding was born in Christleton in 1736 as i found her baptism.
    I assumed Daniel would have been born in Christleton also but i was unable to locate his birth after extensive research in the archives.

Now Ive been searching the CPRD and Ive just come across this baptism for a Daniel Bennett 12/07/1738. Fathers name was Robert Bennett and mother Martha.
    They were living in Neston.
    My only doubt is that the name Robert dosent show up in the family again on my direct line anyhow, not sure whether the siblings used it.

Any advice given would be appreciated.

Danny
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

The first thing I would do is to look for a burial for that Daniel, or a marriage for him, in Neston, to see if you can rule him out. Then I would look to see if any of the Neston Bennetts left wills which might help. If Robert and Martha had other children then you could look at their marriages in case Daniel was a witness and you could compare the signature with your Daniel's (on his marriage entry).
    Last edited by KiteRunner; 27-01-09, 17:37.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Just wondering... you say that your Daniel was born in Cheshire, but how do you know he was?
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hiya Kite

Looks like Ill be busy in the archives tomorrow then

All the info I have so far all comes from the archives except this recent info that comes from this database.
        I have another contact that is certain that Daniel comes fron Cheshire, and as the rest of the family for generations came from Cheshire i had no reason to question her.

Danny

Comment

Danny

I was "certain" that my Cheshire relative came from Cheshire as the family had lived there since 1498.

He was born and baptised in Wales!

A tip when looking for Daniels - look for Davids. The two names are almost indistinguishable in old script.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
            Danny

I was "certain" that my Cheshire relative came from Cheshire as the family had lived there since 1498.

He was born and baptised in Wales!

A tip when looking for Daniels - look for Davids. The two names are almost indistinguishable in old script.

OC
            Thankyou OC

Im going to have a look now to see if i can see a David Bennett in Christleton.
            Thankyou for the tip

Danny

Comment

Working...
            X