Surrey NBI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surrey NBI?

Does anyone have access to the Surrey FHS Burial Index on cd, please? I've found on FMP the burial of Justiniara Moss in 1829 and was wondering if that is correct or if it might be a transcription error. I'm hoping for Justinian Moss! But of course Justiniara might be his sister, or mum or whatever:D

Thanks
    Sue

Where exactly was he / she buried, Sue? I don't have the NBI but I have one or two parishes.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Somewhere in Mitcham, I hope, Kite
      Sue

Comment

Oh, sorry, I haven't got that one.
        KiteRunner

Comment

Never mind Kite thanks for looking - I'm hoping Phoenix might be about;)
          Sue

Comment

Justiniara Moss buried 18th Jan 1829 age 85 at Mitcham St Peter & St Paul.
            Moggie

Comment

Thanks Moggie - thats what it says on FMP - I was hoping that it might be a mistranscription and that I'd found my Justinian's death (and possible birth!) I now seem to have another member of the family and no other trace of her :(
              Sue

Comment

But surely the records on FMP are taken from the NBI, so if there is a mistranscription on one, you would expect the same on the other? What you really need is an independent transcription or a look at the parish register, isn't it?
                KiteRunner

Comment

Yes, you're probably right Kite. I'm clutching at straws again! I'll have to get on to Surrey Archives and see if they can give me any more info.
                  Sue

Comment

Working...
                  X