FHL Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FHL Number

Hi all, can anyone tell me what FHL Number 1040656 means. It is from the Vital Records Index - British Isles. Obviously it relates to a christening record and can I get a copy of this record??

Babe, it stands for Family History Library number

Here's a link to a list of the centres. Enter Australia and Queensland in the search boxes. Go to your nearest and order the film number you need.

FamilySearch.org - Family History Centers

Comment

FHL Number

Thanks GallawayLass, can you tell me what information would be on the record?

Comment

Babe.............it could be as little as name, date and maybe father's name, or it could be a goldmine of info.

What year are you looking at???

It's not on Ancestry, is it?

Comment

FHL Number

Hi there Harry's Mum, im looking from 1826 to 1842 in Rickamnsworth Hertfordshire England. My 3rd GGfather's children are on Ancestry but I was looking for the actual parish entries. I have found their FHL Number and might order the film and look at it at the local History Office in Brisbane.

Comment

The Familysearch centres are at the LDS centres. They are on the website Galloway Lass gave you. Then you can pick the closest. I've only bee to Karrawatha and they've been brilliant.

If you put the name up I'll see if anything pops up.

Comment

Wicks Christenings

My 3rd GGFather had the followiong children:

William 13 Aug 1826 Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, England
              Henry 10 Feb 1828 Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, England
              John 24 Jan 1830 Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, England
              Jane 8 April 1832 Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, England
              Alfred 22 Mar 1835 Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, England
              Sarah 23 Jun 1839 Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, England
              Anne 23 Jan 1842 Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, England

Comment

For baptisms around that date, the entry should tell you the names of the parents (though not including mother's maiden name), residence and father's occupation. But if you can get a birth certificate for Sarah or Anne, the birth cert will tell you the mother's maiden name.
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
                X