Photo/clothing Dating Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo/clothing Dating Please

Hi Im desperatly trying to ascertain which relations these are and hoping that having the clothing dated will give me the answers. there are 4 piccies all taken in different eras although one chap appears in 2 piccies (older in one than the other)
    Many thanks
    Cathie (Yorkshire);)
    Attached Files

I cannot view the last photo as I don't have Word 2007, but the first 3 appear to be taken in the 1930s or 1940s, possibly 1950s for the third one.

Anne

Comment

Thanks Anne
      That fits with the family history of the 3rd wedding of my grandfather in 1937 onwards.
      many thanks
      Cathie

Comment

Looks like it's taken around late Victorian era - I'd say 1890s or c1900
        OLD SALIAN

Researching:
        Barker - Hale, Cheshire/Leeds
        Greatorex - Winster, Derbys
        Rudd - Richard's Castle, Herefordshire
        Oakes - Liverpool
        Ormerod/Stott/Crabtree - Oldham/Rochdale

Comment

Old Salian
          Thanks for your reply. Think its not who I was told it was as its too early - ah well!
          By the way I notice "Old Salian" - is that because you were from Sale by any chance? If so I was born/schooled in Sale and I suppose am an old salian in that case? Live Yorkshire now though.
          Best wishes
          Cathie (Yorkshire)

Comment

Hi CASCAS - indeed I am from Sale - very close to the Old Salians rugby club in fact and an ex Sale Girls Grammar pupil
            OLD SALIAN

Researching:
            Barker - Hale, Cheshire/Leeds
            Greatorex - Winster, Derbys
            Rudd - Richard's Castle, Herefordshire
            Oakes - Liverpool
            Ormerod/Stott/Crabtree - Oldham/Rochdale

Comment

I reckon 1st photo is about 1935-
              3rd photo is 1930 ish

Comment

Failsworthexile - thanks for the datings. The wedding one (you state abt 1935) we thought could be one that took place in 1937 so that now sounds quite likley.

Old Salian
                I lived in Sale Moor as a child (and was born in Sale Cottage Hosp 1960 - now long gone). Didnt get to go to Sale Grammer even tho I begged my parents - ended up at Loreto as had to go to a Catholic school! I used to have a "job" as a doggy walker as a kid for 2 fairly well off old ladies who lived on Marsland Rd just op the rugby club! Small world?!
                Best wishes
                Cathie

Comment

Working...
                X