Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1871 Census - Relation to head?

Hi,

Any idea what the relation to house is for Esther Carter? (or is it Esler Carter?)

I'm not a relation of Esther (or Esler), but Rosannah Tatham (my direct ancestor) is in the same house. It may help me to understand a bit more about Rosannah's life.

Tippin
    Families Intrested in
    Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

It says "married........deserted" (also lodger I think)

I think that she is Ester
    Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Comment

It looks like Lodger / Mar / Deserted ??

It is a separate family grouping from Mary Page, head of household.
      Elaine

Comment

Now that I look at it, it does look like Marr Deserted.

What a household. A woman who has deserted her marriage, and a heavily pregnant spinster!
        Families Intrested in
        Archer (DBY), Bannister (SFK/STS), Br(o/a)mley (DBY), Darrall (SAL/WAR), Florence (STS), Freeman (WAR), Grimsdell (BKM/STS), Knight (WAR), Sheldrake (SKF), Simpson (LND/STS), Smith (SFK/WAR/WOR), Tatham (LND), Tippin(s) (HEF/WAR), Wagstaff (DBY/NTT), Whitefoot (SAL/WAR)

Comment

Tippin

I would say its Ester that has been deserted not the other way round.
          If the other lady was heavily pregnant with no husband, she and Ester were probably helping each other.
          Pam

Comment

I agree, it's Ester who has been deserted.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Are you researching Tatham Tippin?

There is another member on here with that name in their tree.

Joanie

Comment

Good point, perhaps it was Ester who had been deserted, but you never know.

Joan, yes I am tracing Tatham. Any idea who the other member is, it may be worth having a word with them!

Thanks all for the help,
                Tippin
                Families Intrested in

Comment

Working...
                X