IGI/Hugh Wallis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGI/Hugh Wallis

I have been through the wiki investigating Cambs on the IGI - found myself on Hugh Wallis site. Never been there before. It seems to be telling me that the only records on IGI for Littleport are from 1819-1840, is that right?

That'll be why I can't find any Normans then.
    Rose

I don't know how much is on the IGI but the Camb FHS do sell a CD rom containing transcriptions of Littleport St George Parish Registers 1599-1950, Littleport St Matthew Parish Registers 1878-1950 & Little Ouse Parish Registers 1860-1950.

Cambridgeshire Family History Society - Bookstall Search

I lost a couple of weeks checking my Dullingham rellies on of their CDs.
    Robert

Comment

According to the Hugh Wallis site it was last updated on the 22nd September, 2002.

So, as it is an ongoing project, there will have been many more records added to the IGI since that date. They will not be included on the Hugh Wallis site.
      Last edited by Chris in Sussex; 26-01-09, 19:49. Reason: Spelling!
      Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

What Chris says is quite correct, but it may be that there are still no more records for Littleport on the IGI.

All transcriptions to the IGI require a willing and unpaid volunteer. Maybe no one has volunteered to do Littleport!

OC

Comment

Thanks.

Robert, thanks for that link. I will look into purchasing the correct CD once I pin down the right church. Certainly cheaper than a trip to Cambridge lol.

EDIT: ooooo I see they are all on one CD :D
          Rose

Comment

Working...
          X