Please don't let her be mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please don't let her be mine

I have been looking back at my Norfolk rellies.

I just checked the burials and found Mary, w/o Matthew buried in 1764. A note by the transcriber also mentions....She had 7 husbands

I really don't want her to be mine but the dates and place look a bit close for comfort.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Its OK, Glen. Every one was an 'Enery, she wouldn't have a Willy or a Sam. Unfortunately she died before marrying number 8.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
      Its OK, Glen. Every one was an 'Enery, she wouldn't have aWillyor a Sam. Unfortunately she died before marrying number 8.
      Lmao I beg to differ uncle john !!! :D :D :D
      Ohh errr missus!

Comment

glen think of all the certs you would have to send for lol brenda xxx

Comment

Wonder if she got careless. What happened to them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen in Tinsel Knickers View Post

I just checked the burials and found Mary, w/o Matthew buried in 1764. A note by the transcriber also mentions....She had 7 husbands
            :
            OK, so I am having a blonde moment here. Assuming you haven't been to Norwich RO today, where have you checked the burials Glen
            Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie Knees View Post
              OK, so I am having a blonde moment here. Assuming you haven't been to Norwich RO today, where have you checked the burials Glen
              freereg

It's a batch witn a note attached to every record

"This copy of the old Smallburgh Registers was made for Rev. H.T. Griffith, and left by him to be kept with the other registers for the parish....June 1897 H T Griffith, Smallburgh Rectory" a delightful handwritten copy of the orignal registers."

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Right. freeREg I keep forgetting about that site.
                Rose

Comment

freereg Norfolk

hiya

freereg

"This copy of the old Smallburgh Registers was made for Rev. H.T. Griffith, and left by him to be kept with the other registers for the parish....June 1897 H T Griffith, Smallburgh Rectory" a delightful handwritten copy of the orignal registers."

What is Mary's surname please. I transcribe for freereg Norfolk.

tugman

Comment

just think of all those half cousins 8 times removed....:D

Comment

Originally posted by tugman View Post
                      hiya

freereg

What is Mary's surname please. I transcribe for freereg Norfolk.

tugman
                      The surname is Neave

Thinking about it she probably isn't mine as i would imagine the burial is in her married name, she was 70 when she died so it's unlikely she got through 6 husbands and still found #7 while young enough to have kids, but you never know!!!

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Hi again
                        Confused a bit. Is Neave her married name or maiden name please.
                        For Mary Neave wife of Matthew who died 1764 did indeed have 7 husbands aged 70 yrs.
                        Transcriber cannot give day/month because to faded.
                        Deaths of Matthew at Smallburgh also. I see Matthew bapt 02/08/1737 Ludham parent Matthew & Mary Neeve .if correct then 6 hubbies before 1737 = 1710-1736
                        tugman

Comment

Blimey I'd love one like that! It's the 'colourful' ones I like the best...

Comment

I was really looking at baptism records, trying to find any clues to Mary Neave my 4xgrt g/m, looking for any baptisms that could fit within a certain timeframe and sketch out potential family groups based on baptism records.
                            Although the bits i have at the moment for Mary don't show a connection to Smallburgh there can often be clues in names of siblings or children and as often happens a chance discovery can lead to other things.

I then tend to look at marriages and burials just in case there has been anything updated or ones i may have ignored in the past. Again these other records can help sketch out a family group or show up possible connections that would otherwise be overlooked. As much as anything i find it useful to eliminate names or at least to make them less likely.

The note on the burial record just jumped out because it was so unusual. It's quite probably not one of mine but when you jump back a generation or two from my Mary you just never know if this Mary of the 7 husbands might be connected.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Working...
                            X