Import FTM version 1.1 files into 9.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import FTM version 1.1 files into 9.0

Is it possible to import files created in version 1.1 to version 9 easily? Where can I find tips on this? Thanks.

Can you just clarify, are you trying to import version 1.1 files into Version 9 - or version 2009.

Both should be possible but if you are thinking about version 9 then before you do it can I suggest it might be time to think of an upgrade to version 2006 or 2009 which are the latest supported versions. I would forget about version 2008 which isn't as good as 2006 or 2009.

Basically all you need to do is install the new version on your computer, go to FILE and OPEN and find the previous master file from the earlier version.

The following snippet from the FTM online help confirms this!
    Answer
    Elaine

Comment

I have purchased 2009 that's why I asked the question. Sounds easy, thank you.

Comment

You shouldn't have any problem - as I said install the program and then try to open your original FTM file.

Ask again if you need some help!
        Elaine

Comment

Import not working

I have a folder with four FTW files from 2004 and one FTM file from 1994. Each of the FTW files has a companion file with FBK extension. I tried importing one of each file type and they all failed with error message “The import failed because on unknown error occurred”. When I close the dialogue window, I get another dialogue window telling me it’s “Analyzing file…” but never stops. I have to use task mgr to kill the task. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Instead of trying to import one of the FTW files, try to open it (FILE/OPEN)

FTM: Will new versions of FTM read my file from an older version?
            Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 29-01-09, 06:35.
            Elaine

Comment

Result is the same

Get exactly same result when trying to OPEN FILE . Could my FTW files be corrupted? I'm going to look for other copies I may have stored somewhere.

Comment

Success!

I looked in the knowledgebase and found answer. Downloaded version 5 to read in old FTW file and exported it as a version 11 FTW and then opened it in 2009 and then backed it up from 2009. All done.

Thanks again :D

Comment

Well done!
                  Elaine

Comment

Working...
                  X