PDA

View Full Version : My quick links on ancestry

Tom Tom
25-01-09, 21:41
Have all been replaced with the default ones.

It took me ages to sort them out as I had links to every census and everything that I used.

Has anyone else had a problem or know why this has happened?

Thanks

Tom

Tom Tom
25-01-09, 21:47
I have now gone into the bit to edit the page and the box with all the english census links in has now gone.

I will ring ancestry in the morning and see what they say. I will not be renewing in July though.

Caroline
25-01-09, 21:47
Are you sure you were on .uk and not one of the other ones? I thought I had lost mine the other day when I went to the Home Page and then realised that I was on .com because I had been looking at USA records. :)

Tom Tom
25-01-09, 21:59
Was on the UK when, I checked as I thought it might have gone onto the USA one.

The census box has now re-appeared as has the box to tick for entries only in the UK.

I've put my quick links back in now, but cannot remember exactly which ones I had in there, but guess I will find out when I need something.

It won't let me move them around though (as it did before) so will have to try that again in the morning.

Elaine ..Spain
25-01-09, 22:13
Mine disappeared as well Tom. Like you I spent quite a bit of time sorting out all the links that I wanted there. It also keeps trying to change over to the new search facility so I have to keep changing it back!

I´ve now added an Ancestry folder on the Firefox toolbar and just keep them all in there.

Tom Tom
25-01-09, 22:14
Mine disappeared as well Tom. Like you I spent quite a bit of time sorting out all the links that I wanted there. It also keeps trying to change over to the new search facility so I have to keep changing it back!

I´ve now added an Ancestry folder on the Firefox toolbar and just keep them all in there.

That's a good idea Elaine... think I might do that.

:)

Mary from Italy
25-01-09, 23:34
Mine regularly disappear - I have to refresh the page 2 or 3 times to get them back.

Val wish Id never started
26-01-09, 12:52
I have had trouble with that too also when trying to add a census record without starting with a name in my tree in wont work.
Have emailed them days ago no answer though.