Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone give me some ideas with this pls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone give me some ideas with this pls?

Hi

Can anyone help me with this family please it is driving me mad, I would be truly grateful for any direction/help anyone could give.

This is what I know to be true -

Leslie Charles Green born 1909 in Aston Manor, Birmingham

Father is Frederick Green and on birth cert say's mother is Ellen Green formerly Broadhead.

Have found them on 1901 and on 1911 with more children, there she calls herself Helen and says they have been married for 10 years but still cant find any marriage for them.

Any help or suggestions really would be welcome, thank you in advance

Janey

A Frederick Green married in Aston in June qtr 1900 - Aston 6d 431

These are the four people who married but to whom can't tell - unless you check census.

Blackwell Helen Julia
    Green Frederick
    Jennings Harry
    Pratt Ada

Could it be an error on the birth certificate or in marriage lines?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Thanks for that, the name Blackwell keeps coming up but as I know nothing of Frederick Green (her hubby) even if I ordered marriage cert I would still be none the wiser!

Thanks again

Comment

The similarity of names (sort of) suggests that Helen Julia Blackwell might be the correct bride. It's dead easy to get names wrong on a birth certificate, less so for a marriage.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Here are 2 more births

Births Sep 1912

Births Jun 1913

But none with MMN Broadhead, pointing more towards a mistake on the birth cert.

Sam
          Last edited by KiteRunner; 26-01-09, 10:03. Reason: names removed as they may still be living

Comment

Names removed are not any of the children sadly. I have a Frederick Green, Albert, Grace and Charles Leslie Green (My GF).

Thanks again though for all your help and replying.
            Last edited by KiteRunner; 26-01-09, 10:04. Reason: Names removed in case still living

Comment

If this was my family I would get the birth certificate of one of the other children on the 1911 census, and see what the mother's maiden name is given as there.

scuda
              Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

I have Charles and is says mmn is broadhead, which is why I have come to a standstill but ok will try one of the other children, if you think it will help

Thanks

Comment

Hi Janey,

I wouldnt worry too much about Ellen becoming Helen, you might also find her as Eleanor as well as Nell!

Have you had a look to see if you can find a Ellen Broadhead on the 1891 cens? (as you would have a DOB and POB for her from 1901/1911)?

I would also look at/for an Helen Julia Blackwell too, but using the same criteria for your Ellen..
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

In 1891 Ellen Broadhead

She's living at 90 Bristol St, Birmingham as a servant age 20 b Wakefield, Yorkshire

Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 2381; Folio 8; Page 9; GSU roll: 6097491.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

On the 1901 and the 1911 Ellen/Helen is down as being born abt 1879 in Lemington Spa, thanks again for all your help though, it is good to see others view's on it.

Thanks

Comment

In 1881 in Wakefield with parents

Henry Broadhead 29
                        Harriet Broadhead 28
                        Ellen Broadhead 9
                        John W. Broadhead 7
                        Cassandria Broadhead 5
                        Gertrude Broadhead

Source Citation: Class: RG11; Piece: 4576; Folio: 89; Page: 17; Line: ; GSU roll: 1342104.

Comment

Hi Janey

There's an Ellen Blackwell b Leamington aged 3 on the 1881 census.

Comment

In 1881 and 1891 there's also a Mary Ellen Broadbent b Wakefield b c1871

Comment

Thanks again lol will I ever find out who she is.

Hey Merry, how are you?

Comment

In 1891 Arthur Blackwell has a dau Nellie Blackwell aged 12 b Leamington. He doesn't have a wife at home, but his sister is there and her name is Julia, which isn't that common.

I think this Ellen/Nellie/Helen's birth cert is this one:

Births Mar 1879

Blackwell Ellen Warwick 6d 625

Comment

I'd definitely try for another birth certificate. Broadhead and Blackwell are very similar names if someone scrawled it down quickly and then wrote it out neatly later.
                                  How old was Ellen and where was she born? Other conceivable variants are Elinor and Eleanor.
                                  Phoenix - with charred feathers
                                  Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Originally posted by calamity Jane View Post
                                    Thanks again lol will I ever find out who she is.

Hey Merry, how are you?
                                    No too bad, thank you, Jane.

I think she is Arthur's daughter! lol

Comment

Merry has beaten me to it. There aren't any Broadheads born in the right area at the right time.
                                      Phoenix - with charred feathers
                                      Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Ok thanks again, however as I am trying to find a marriage for Frederick and ellen/helen/nell I guess the best shot is to try for another childs birth cert right? I already have one. Maybe a 2nd one will give either the same or a sligly different spelling for her name. Although I will need to get her birth cert at some point right now I need to find the marriage.

Thanks again everyone for all your help, it is really appreciated

Comment

Working...
                                        X