Help with Family Tree Maker please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Family Tree Maker please

Please could someone give me an idiots guide of what to do with something on FTM. Version 10, 2002.
    I have a Tree that is for one surname (A), and later on someone marries into another family (B) and it becomes quite large. What I want to do, is to make
    a separate tree for family B. Is it possible to transfer all family B into a new separate tree on FTM?
    I've been reading instructions and experimenting with different things, and none of them have worked. I've never really got to grips properly with how to do Gedcoms and other things you can do with FTM.
    I'm sure there must be a way of doing it, other than the hard way of entering all the information all over again on to a new tree.

As I say, perhaps someone can give me an idiots guide on how to do it please.

Jan
    Last edited by Jan B; 24-01-09, 19:52.

What you need to do is export into a file the name that starts the family line you wish to seperate and all their descendents
    Choose File
    Then Export File
    Then Selected Individuals
    From the list, select the name that is the root of the tree to create
    Click on the Descendants button
    You will then see all the names appear in the right pane
    Click on OK and save the file

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks very much Trevor. I'm still working on it, and it isnt doing it right for me!
      I'm going to try again tomorrow when I'm less tired.

Thanks again,
      Jan

Comment

Hurrah! I had one final go at it tonight, and I'm pleased to say that I managed to do it.
        Thanks again Trevor.

Jan

Comment

Working...
        X