Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laptop in for repair somebody asked for my password ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop in for repair somebody asked for my password ????

I finally got my Laptop back from another repair the other day but have only just accessed it and was a bit surprised to get amongst my emails on Outlook one saying I had requested my password on Yahoo ,this was during the time it was in the shop ?????
    This is a password I would never forget and would have no need to ask for, so do I take it somebody in the repair place asked for it ????
    If so I am absolutely fuming.

Val - if you trust your repairers - I wouldn't think so - they have ways of getting around these things if they really have to - but if you google yahoo mail request password there are all sorts of lovely sites about hacking passwords etc! Scary stuff.
    There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

hi and thanks Marion , I have never had one of these emails before it went into the shop , seems funny ,and no I dont trust PC World does anybody ??????????

Comment

If you're worried just change your password on Yahoo NOW and don't respond to any emails sent by anyone unless you personally have requested a password reset.

Comment

I would change your password now.

I would also contact the repairers and tell them how angry you are.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

thanks Maggie and Wendy, so do you both agree thats what happened then ????
            I have a link in the email to reset my password but was too worried to click on it to see if its not genuine ????
            Last edited by Guest; 24-01-09, 12:58.

Comment

Val, just because yahoo are reporting that someone has requested a password reset doesnt actually mean that request was sent from your laptop...

if i wanted to, and i knew your yahoo id, i could request a password reset right now... its that easy....
              https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

I do appreciate that but as far as I know nobody knows my yahoo id ????
                Anyway I have changed it now as a precaution thanks Grimsqueaker

Comment

Val, Your Yahoo id and your MSN id can both be seen on here if you click on them under your avatar.
                  Christine in Portugal

Comment

oh of course silly me thanks Christine, I have changed my password now just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Working...
                    X