Birth Ramsgate St Peters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Ramsgate St Peters

Well here goes, I have noticed a few of you are from around Ramsgate, Broadstairs, and after much searching in Canturbury Archives wondered if any of you 'on the patch' so to speak would be able to find the birth of an Edward Heritage 1767 Parents Stephen Heritage and Mary Court who were married in Bettshanger in 1765 he was one of nine, Ist one was Mary in1766, found her St Lawrence Ramsgate.. Edward went on to marry Elizabeth Vanhere 11 Oct 1794 St Peters Ramsgate.
    Please say if this is a no go as it is a long way back and asking alot I know, the other children I have seen evidence of but not Edward and he is a big link. I don't know of any record places in the Ramsgate area and the church names get a bit confusing. Any advice welcome
    Thank-you hopefully
    Marie in Kent
    Marie of Kent

There is a tree on Ancestry which gives his Christening as 17 April 1768 in Ash-Next-Sandwich, Kent - but with parents Edward Heritage and Ann Hammond.

Source citation:
    * Microreproduction of original records housed at the Canterbury Cathedral Archives, Canterbury, Kent.; Early records in Latin.; Some early pages severely damaged and fragmented.; Canterbury Cathedral Archives no.: DCb/BT1/6; DCb/BT2/9

You may have already seen it and discounted it as the parents do not match, but just in case the link is:
    - Ancestry.co.uk
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine
      Yes I agree that, makes some sense as I have an Edward one of his daughters is named Sarah Hammond Heritage, I will have to go back to contact and see what his evidence is.
      Would you have any confirmation of the children of Stephen and Mary Court, the poss son Edward Married to Elizabeth VanHere m. 11 oct 1794 St Peters Ramsgate and any other children of Edward Heritage and Ann Hammond. Tel me if this is too much to ask but this Edward and his brood and parentage are causing me a headache, they could tie two of my big branches together. I feel another trip to Canterbury coming on LOL
      Thank very much
      ps what does the go advanced button do
      Marie of Kent

Comment

Working...
      X