Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would tree on Ancestry still be available if ??????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would tree on Ancestry still be available if ??????????????

somebody on here has her tree on Ancestry UK but she wanted the new Aussie subscription ,but it would not let her do it without cancelling the UK one first, so she started a completely new account with a new email and user name
    So she now has both until the UK one runs out
    What is interesting is she was worried what would happen to her tree when the UK sub runs out ??? would she still be able to access it on the new site
    Well she had a look on the Aussie one and her Tree is already on there without her doing anything????? Can somebody tell me and her how did it recognise it was her Tree ????
    Last edited by Guest; 23-01-09, 20:12.

same email address or user name?

Comment

thats the point Margaret no both different ????

Comment

I wondered about this.

My sub is up in March and I am hoping there is a good deal still going then. My concern was whether I would lose my tree.
        Its strange how even after registering under different email and user name that the tree is available from the Aussie account.

Allie
        Researching Betton, Cook/Cooke, Fallows, Howell, Jones, Lewis, Morgan, Rogers, Weston. All in Shropshire.

Richards in Denbighshire.

Comment

Did she use the same mailing address and phone number? Maybe they use that to recognise you, too?

Strange that she had to cancel her UK subscription first. I registered with the Aussie site yesterday and used the same user id and email addy, though I had to clear my cache first. I then cancelled my UK subscription. My family tree was still linked to me.
          Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

I did that too Lorry but when she tried it tried to charge her something like $479 dollars ???? so she took out another one instead
            Allie your tree will still be available Im sure even if you dont take out another subscription ???

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              I did that too Lorry but when she tried it tried to charge her something like $479 dollars ???? so she took out another one instead
              I think it tried to do that with me, too, which is when I made sure to log out of the UK site and clear my cache. I then managed to use the 50% off link to register. Bargain. :D
              Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Well, I joined the Aus site with a new email addy and user name and the tree on the old name isn't showing.

I have just logged into the old user name and invited the new name with full editor rights.

They are both my OH's email addys anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
                  Well, I joined the Aus site with a new email addy and user name and the tree on the old name isn't showing.

I have just logged into the old user name and invited the new name with full editor rights.

They are both my OH's email addys anyway.
                  I didnt realise you could do that Margaret ???

Comment

You know where you can invite a family member to view your tree?

If you put in their user name for ancestry you get a drop down box as to what sort of access they can have.

I chose editor. That way I can view it all.

I will probably delete it eventually anyway and upload a new gedcom on the new user name.

I only have a basic tree on there. No photos etc. That's all on my pc.

Comment

thanks Margaret must remember that, of course thats another problem if you import a gedcom your photos disappear dont they ???? thats why I update mine manually .

Comment

Gedcom is text only Val.

I really don't see the point of putting photos on Ancestry or similar sites.

I never give access to my tree to anyone anyway, prefer to send anything via email.

All of my photos are linked to my FTM on my PC (and backed up twice) ;)

Comment

I only have one on there but my friend has lots ,thing is Margaret it takes forever to back up my tree on FTM and I was told its probably because of all the images I have on it ??? is that not true ??

Comment

I find that it varies how long it takes to back up. Sometimes its quick, sometimes it takes ages.

Why not back up as you are leaving the computer for a while, just let it get on with it.

I don't have any certs on FTM. I have those all scanned and in a file on my hard drive and on an external hard drive as well as a memory stick.

(Just being careful) ;)

Comment

I'm thinking of getting a external hard drive are they really good

Comment

Mine is great. Just plugs into the usb port.

This is mine but I think we got if off ebay. I've had it about a year now.

Amazon.com: Adaptec 2.5 inch USB 2.0 Hard Drive Enclosure Kit converts 2.5 inch internal ATA hard d ( 2188700 ): Electronics

Comment

thanks Margaret I am going to have a look today

Comment

Working...
                                  X