1911 have switched on the wildcard search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 have switched on the wildcard search

I've still not found my missing Linksons but it's there and up and running finally for anyone who's stuck
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

I knew they'd freed up the "starts with.." options and such like, but it's good to know that the wildcard search itself is available.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Which Linksons exatly Zoe.......... I'm at a loose end for a while

Comment

Oh great
        Off to have another bash at my missing ones

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Whilst I'm very pleased for the rest of you, all the wild card facilities in the world are of no help to me!

*Sits patiently waiting for Northumberland and East and North Yorkshire.*

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Well all it tells me is that I can only use one wildcard character in a surname! What is the point in that? Lol!

Joanie

Comment

I thought that the wildcard search was eventually going to allow more than one wildcard - and possibly a wildcard start!

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

It's certainly confusing and does say that a wildcard can be used at the beginning of a word.

When I tried, it told me that it could not be used as the first character

still it's early days so maybe it will be sorted out soon
                ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
                  *Sits patiently waiting for Northumberland and East and North Yorkshire.*
                  You're better than me. I would not be so patient if the county I really wanted was not released by now.
                  Kit

Comment

Working...
                  X