Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Marriage

Hi

I am new here and found the details on Martin Lewis Money Saving Expert. I have been doing my family tree for sometime on and off and certainly wished I'd known about this site before.

Well here is my first question. Where do I search Marriage information for Canada for the 1960's onwards? The relative I'm trying to search was originallyl born in the UK, so that part is easy!

Thanks in advance

I can't help with your query but just wanted to say welcome to FTF.

I don't know if you have looked in our reference library, known as the wiki, to see if there is anything which might help. You can access it via the link on the blue navigation bar at the top of the page - or the following link will take you straight to the Canada page.
    Canada
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine;)

Comment

I'm no expert for searching marriages in Canada from 1960 onward
        But I do know that here in Canada our philosophy on vital statistcis is different.
        Most records are private until a certain time.
        For instance birth records in B.C. are private for at least 100 years.
        Marriages are private for 75 years
        and deaths are private for 20 years.
        For those records one can be searched on the 'net and the actual certificate is available for photocopying for very minimal charge.
        For records that are still private you must request the province to search their records.
        I wanted the actual photocopy of my marriage document. After paying almost $30
        I got a piece of paper with the information I provided her. Nice to know my husband was born in the Isle of "White". Other provinces might be different.
        Last edited by Nelde; 23-01-09, 16:00. Reason: unclear phrasing
        Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Thank you Nelde

Comment

Working...
          X