Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did he get there

Hi
    My G uncle George Foley (1888-!915) was in Rangoon India. I do not know what year he went there but know he was there 1912-1915. I cannot find him on the passengers lists. I also know he was in the army prior to working for the Burma Railway co.
    Could he have been discharged in India & stayed on there or would he have to return to England to be discharged.
    Thank you BB

Is there a typo? Rangoon is in Burma. So was he in India as well? And are you saying he died in 1915?
    Last edited by Uncle John; 22-01-09, 22:31.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Uncle John
      Yes it was a mistake. He married in 1912 in Rangoon. Re enlisted in Rangoon 1915 then transfered to Iraq where he died at the battle of Kut

Comment

I had relatives who travelled to and from India in the 1900-1930's. I can't find them on the passenger lists either.
        Kit

Comment

Have you got his Army Service Records which are available on Ancestry (providing I have got the right George Foley!)

- Ancestry.co.uk

- Ancestry.co.uk
          Elaine

Comment

Perhaps if he was in the Army he was travelling on Army transport - there wouldn't be passenger lists for troop ships I don't think ..... unless someone knows better???

Anne

Comment

Working...
            X