Date & age of couple, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date & age of couple, please

Any idea of the age of this couple and the date of the photo, please? This has come to me from a cousin, and I'm trying to eliminate a few possibles.

Thanks

scuda

couple.jpg
    Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Hi Scuda
    I think the photo was taken 1875ish and the couple were in their mid sixties.
    I have a photo of a lady leaning on an identical table to the one in your photo and while I don't have an exact date I do know the lady was born in 1840 and married in 1866 so I am guessing that the photo was taken about 10 years later. Of course the furniture used in the photographer's studio could have been there for many years.
    Moggie

Comment

1880,s i would say 50/5 brenda xxx

Comment

FWIW I'd say they were both about 70 - I have no idea about the date.

Tim
        "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

Well, the couple who I think this could be were born around 1805 (him) and1795 (her), and died in 1876 and 1878, respectively. So if this was taken around 1870, he'd be about 65 and she'd be about 75. Does that sound feasible, or do you think the lady isn't that old?

scuda
          Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

It could be feasible - he definitely looks younger than her.
            The era I would say is definitely 1870s judging by the garb and his whiskers. She doesn't look her age though...
            OLD SALIAN

Researching:
            Barker - Hale, Cheshire/Leeds
            Greatorex - Winster, Derbys
            Rudd - Richard's Castle, Herefordshire
            Oakes - Liverpool
            Ormerod/Stott/Crabtree - Oldham/Rochdale

Comment

Working...
            X