Can anyone find these deaths...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone find these deaths...

Laura I'anson born 1875 Barton le Willows, Yorkshire.
    Ada I'anson born 1876 Welburn, Yorkshire.

I can't find any mention of a Laura or Ada in the 1891 or 1901 census with the birth info above, (I tried various searches) but at the same time, I can't find any deaths for them either.

They appear on 1881 census with their father William (widower), but hen they seem to disappear.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

It is possible they were married and have different names.
    Have you trawled thru BMD?

Comment

There is an Ada Ianson marriage to Arthur Raper 1896 at Crambe St Michael, Ryedale listed on Yorkshire BMD - would that be anywhere near where your Ada lived?
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

There's a marriage of a Laura I'anson to Edward Shaw Sep 1896. In 1901 they're in York and Laura gives Place of Birth as Welburn/Walburn - it's not very clear on the original.
        Sue

Comment

Oh, and a couple of other possible marriages on FreeBMD for Ada I'Anson.
          KiteRunner

Comment

how did you find all this stuff? I searched too.... I suppose you've either got the knack or you haven't, I obviously haven't lol.

Thank you all. I will follow this up. Crambe is very, very near to Barton le Willows and Welburn.
            Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

'If' these are the marriages of the girls, then they should show up in the 1891 census under their maiden names. I tried searching Laura ? YOB, POB etc and the same for Ada, but I can't find them. As they were about 15 and 16 when their parents died and I can't find them with grandparents etc. I guess they were either 'in service' or in the workhouse, but I can't see them. Any ideas or suggestions to broaden my search?

I even tried laura born 1875 +/- 2 yorkshire, and it still didn't help.
              Jules

Comment

I can't see them either. I guess I'Anson is one of those names that is more often mistranscribed than it is transcribed correctly, but I can't see them on any of the likely variations either.
                KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                  I can't see them either. I guess I'Anson is one of those names that is more often mistranscribed than it is transcribed correctly, but I can't see them on any of the likely variations either.
                  It usually comes up as Anson, janson or Lanson...
                  Jules

Comment

Working...
                  X