Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unwanted Index in Pub Center Fam Group Report

Hi,
    Can anyone help me. I'm relatively new to the Legacy Software.
    I'm using Legacy Family Tree 7 Deluxe software on 1.8 GHz Dell Inspiron 1501 Computer with 2 Gig ram running Windows Vista.

The Project: I've entered a number of individuals and families into Legacy 7, and now want to create a Family History book using the Publishing Center Window using a variety of the "Available Items" (such as a pedigree, both ancestor and Descendant book reports, Family Group Reports with Chronology for the prominent families, Calendar, etc for the Chapters of the Book. I also want to have a table of contents with the other Introductory pages at the front and also have one index at the back of the book.

The Problem: I have unwanted indexes in the Publishing Center for the FGR. Whenever I create a chapter in the book of FGR (Family Group Report), if I have the main index option set, (see Background Below) to put an index at the back of the book, it also puts an index at the back of each "Family Group Report" chapter that I have in the book (I'm going to have about a dozen FGR chapters, and it now puts an index at the back of each FGR.) Just a note, the Index Option that is in the FRG settings window is NOT checked, so it shouldn't be putting an index at the back of these FGR chapters.
    Something seems to have changed. I used to be able set the

Background: Normally, to get an index to print only at the back of the book, I go to the main Publishing Center window (where you choose which chapters you want to put in your book), I click on the "Additional" tab at the top. Then I click on the check box next to the "Index Options" button. Then I'd click on the Index Options button and chose my indexing options. In the past I would chose the this Publishing Center / Additional / Index Options to have an index in the back of the book. Now, whenever I choose this index option, it puts the index in the back of the book, but it also puts the unwanted indexes at the back of each FRG chapter.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Best Wishes,
    Stephen
    Last edited by StephenW; 22-01-09, 15:45. Reason: Tweaking and to correct the title

Hi Stephen,

I also noticed the extra name indexes ... how annoying! Anyway, I submitted a problem report to Legacy the other day. Will let you know when I get a reply.

Lynda

Comment

Originally posted by Lynda View Post
      Hi Stephen,

I also noticed the extra name indexes ... how annoying! Anyway, I submitted a problem report to Legacy the other day. Will let you know when I get a reply.

Lynda
      Hi Lynda,
      Glad to hear that it's not just me. I also submit two problem reports this morning. Besides the extra name indexes, the Pub Center Table of Contents overprints the preceding page when making a book. I also reported that problem.

Best Wishes,
      Stephen

Comment

Hi Stephen,

I never did receive a reply from Legacy, but I think that both of the problems mentioned have been fixed.

Regards,
        Lynda

Comment

Working...
        X