Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any benefits in linking census on ancestry family tree??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any benefits in linking census on ancestry family tree??

I've got tree on ancestry and decided to link the census's to individual people - now is their any benefit to doing this except for my own use?

Would anyone else be able to see the links?

If I don't renew would I still be able to access my tree and peoples details?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

I don't have a tree on ancestry but I believe that you would be able to see the tree. I'm not sure about the census though. Although you are linking them while you have a sub so by rights you should be able to.

I don't know about whether anyone else could see the links. Is your tree public or private? If public log out of ancestry and search for your tree and see what you can see. Or if private give access to yourself via a secondary email account and see what you can see then.
    Kit

Comment

If your tree is public, then anyone who accesses your tree can use the links.

As for after the subscription has finished, well I'm in the same boat. I will be able to see my tree and edit it as well I believe, but the links to the census won't work. If any of the census forms have been really interesting or prominent to my research I have saved them to hard disk so that I can still see them if/when I cancel Ancestry.
      Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

I've printed off all the census info for my files but wondered whether it was worth all the work involved in linking it to my tree on ancestry if no-one could access it too.

That tree is/will be a public tree as I've made sure nothing untoward is on it!! lol.

Will have a go and see if I can see anything if I go incognito!!!

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

JBee just make sure you have saved all the census images to your computer before your sub finishes as one it does you will not have access to it ,,,
          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Working...
          X