1911 correction facility!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 correction facility!

Just read a message from someone on another site, who reported a transcription error by email to 1911.

They have replied saying they agree it is a mistranscription and have altered it!

So, get those emails going everyone!

OC

It's good that they are responding so quickly to reports. They agreed last night with my correction of two Jennies to two Jessies, although they haven't altered them on site yet.
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

I emailed for two mistakes and have not heard back as yet and that was last week.

Danny
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
        Just read a message from someone on another site, who reported a transcription error by email to 1911.

They have replied saying they agree it is a mistranscription and have altered it!

So, get those emails going everyone!

OC
        Crumbs OC !!

That leaves me no time to cook tea tonight then, lol!

I have found that many

:D

Joanie

Comment

I sent in a few corrections when the beta test was up, and I got some replies saying they could view the images fine so the cases were closed, then they sent me a set of emails to ignore those replies. I haven't checked to see if they have corrected the entries yet.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Just checked - they haven't.
            KiteRunner

Comment

Kate

How weird! I wonder how they decide one thing is worth correcting and another isn't?

OC

Comment

They originally said you couldn't send corrections via the Contact system - quite explicitly.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I sent mine in via the corrections facility, so maybe the people who send them in the "wrong" way are getting preferential treatment!
                  KiteRunner

Comment

I've just had a look at the Blog, and apparently, they've started unlocking dome of the flexible search options...

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I sent in a correction for my grandfather Jeuel Gray, who was indexed as Jenet. Poor man has never had his name recorded properly on a census and I even found him as Jule on an electoral roll!

Hasn't been sorted yet.
                      ~ with love from Little Nell~
                      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I didn't realise you could submit corrections via the contact us so I've ignored even definite ones (eg a known Drusilla transcribed as Densella) unless I've opened the transcript or image.
                        Gillian
                        User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Working...
                        X