This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera help please.

I have a Casio 7.2 MP camera. Until today whenever I plugged it into my computer and switched it on it would start to transfer the images by means of a Microsoft Wizard. Today I cannot find said Wizard, but it has transferred the images via Photoloader. The resulting images seem to be incapable of being moved. All I want is to download each photo to "My Pictures" folder.
    Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Have you tried the help section?

Comment

Hi Jim,

A bit of Googling revealed that Photo Loader is a program that comes with Casio cameras (you probably already knew this :D).

I've had a quick glance at the Photo Loader manual and it sounds like the "Load Images" Preferences may have been changed to "Set up automatic loading". According to the manual:
      If "Automatic Loading ON(N)" is selected, images will automatically be loaded from a digital camera by the Photo Loader supervisory program.

So hopefully changing this setting (presumably to OFF) should solve your problem. It also says that the Load Images option is only available when the camera is connected to the PC, and Photo Loader must be restarted before any changes take effect.

This is from the manual for version 3.0 of the PhotoLoader software for Windows (http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_man...LVer30_Win.pdf)
      Manuals for other versions are available here: Digital Cameras [ Manuals ] - CASIO WORLDWIDE
      Last edited by Cloggie; 21-01-09, 15:11.
      Sarah

Comment

Jim

I have the same camera. Until Photo Loader "lost" 2 months worth of my pictures, I hadn't known there was any other way to download them. If you go to 'view' on your Photo Loader, then click on the date, then right click each photo, then click 'save picture as' you can put each photo where you want. I'm afraid I haven't yet found a way to move more than one photo at a time though, and it is very time consuming.

I'll get back to you on how you get it to automatically download into your 'My Pictures' folder. I have to get my camera & plug it in to see how I do it

I'll be back in a minute or two.
        My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

This might also be of use to you. Instructions for getting the Scanner and Camera Wizard to appear automatically when you connect your camera:
          Where is the automatic Scanner and camera wizard
          How to transfer photo's from your digital camera to your computer
          Sarah

Comment

I just asked my son how to do it and he said to open the USB drive where the camera is plugged in. (My computer on your desktop, then click on whichever drive is your USB). It then should show you a folder named 'DCIM'. Double click this, then it should show '100CASIO'. Double click this and then the photos on your camera should open. You can then save them wherever you want.

I'm sure there was something else he did to make the 'Microsoft Camera and Scanner Wizard' come up automatically and download the photos, but neither he nor I can remember what it was for now. We'll keep thinking.

Sarah beat me to it
            My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Originally posted by LangleyValeSue View Post
              I'm sure there was something else he did to make the 'Microsoft Camera and Scanner Wizard' come up automatically and download the photos, but neither he nor I can remember what it was for now. We'll keep thinking.
              Sarah beat me to it
              I couldn't remember either until I just found that site.
              Sarah

Comment

To move more than one picture try holding down the control key while at the same time clicking on each picture you want to move and this should highlight all the pictures you want to move but not sure if this works with your camera package but give it a try.

Edna

Comment

My apologies, I should have got back earlier.

LV Sue, I had worked out how to do that one at a time move thing which is why I hadn't come back earlier.

Thanks all for the suggestions, I will try them tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Jim
                  Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

If you want to move a load of any files just hold the left mouse button down then move the mouse and all the files will be highlighted.It is called rubber banding.
                    Then just drag to the folder you want to move them to . It is a lot quicker than holding down the control key and clicking each one .

Another way is to click on the first one then hold down the Alt key then left click on the last one, they will then all highlight so can be dragged in a block.

Personally I find a card reader easier than plugging the camera into the computer.
                    Card readers are cheap ( £6 - £10 ) you just remove the card from the camera and insert it into the card reader , then drag the pictures to a folder on the computer.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                    X