canadian death certs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canadian death certs?

What information am I likely to find on a death cert issued in British Columbia 1972?

Have a look at these pages:
    BC Vital Statistics Agency - Ordering a Death Certificate

BC Vital Statistics Agency - Ordering Certified Copies of Death Registrations
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks Kite,
      not sure if that's an updated version of the death cert, hope it was the same format in 1972.

Comment

Keptin, if you give me the name and reference number I can look up the details for you on microfilm in Vancouver public library. If I remember rightly, certificates give the person's place and date of birth, name of father and place of birth, mother's maiden name (if known), occupation, next of kin and how long the individual had lived in BC and Canada.
        Jenny

Comment

Looking at a death certificate from 1977, one gets the name of the deceased, place of death, usual resident, marital status and spouse's name
          occupation, birthdate and place, father, mother, informant, disposition, and funeral director. Of course this is only as accurate as the knowledge of the informant
          Then comes the date of death, the cause - can get very detailed - autopsy, accident or violence, surgical and certification. If you have the name and search for the registration no. I can get a copy from the archives here in Victoria and mail it to you (scanning is beyond my abilities) Pay back "time" for all the help I've received from this site. Last time I went in all it cost was the photocopy charge.
          Donelda

searching for the Berkshire Hobbises, Rowles, Staniford, Rogers, Parkers, Thackhams, Gouts, LeBouviers, Heaphys and Wilsons

Comment

Thanks Jenoco & Nelde,

I've PM'd the details, as '72 is quite a recent event, no need to post to me just the details will be great, if it is the one I want then I'll order an official copy, thanks again.
            Last edited by Keptin Thedark; 23-01-09, 23:21.

Comment

Working...
            X