The little boy with the rope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The little boy with the rope

Is anyone else having problems viewing the UK census?

I subscribed to Ancestry au yesterday but I haven't been able to get into the census at all.
    The little boy with the rope has been there since last night, I wondered if the problem is mine.
    Kathleen

Hi Kathleen

I just did a quick 1901 via the uk site, (i can still search without the sub) and it worked for me.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Thanks Glen.....I'm using Mozilla Firefox and I haven't downloaded the enhanced viewer as it didn't download, I wonder if this makes a difference.

I noticed someone else had the problem earlier but working on the 'if its not broke, don't try to fix it' theory, I didn't want to try anything if others have the same problem.
      Kathleen

Comment

Hi Kathleen - I'm using firefox and the basic viewer. Just checked and I can view images.
        Gillian
        User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Thanks Gillian.....I am able to view the bmds but not the UK census, its strange.
          I had heard others talk of the boy but I've never seen him before.
          Kathleen

Comment

To access the census I have - from the home page - clicked search - scrolled to the bottom and clicked UK census......this gives me the boy with rope.

I have just tried the 'see more' option instead of UK census and its worked, I had to scroll through many to find the one I wanted.
            I thought I must be doing something wrong....
            Kathleen

Comment

Working...
            X