how much info on LDS films ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much info on LDS films ??

I have found a birth on the familysearch site if I order the film how much info would it give besides what it says on the site ???? would it give her home address ???
    And I have a film batch number would that be what I have to order ???or would it be another number thanks .

As the film is a film of the original register, it will show whatever information is written in there. You won't know what that is until you see the film!

You need the film number starting with FHL to order from the LDS, but don't worry too much about that bit as they always check the number before they order it anyway.

OC

Comment

I've only got the number C024903 it says batch

Comment

If the baptism is after 1812 then it should give residence and father's occupation, but the residence isn't always the full address, sometimes just the name of the village or whatever.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Val

No, the batch number is no good. Click on Source,(on the page where you found the batch number) then film notes and you should get a number beginning FHL...

OC

Comment

thanks Kite but its a birth in America in 1886 one of my lovely Guttentags sigh.............
            Thanks OC will do that then

Comment

Val it depends. My Dad looked a heap up for me one day and rang me at work asking if there was supposed to be more info than I had given him. In every case it was exactly what was online but there are times when there is more. But only for other people, not me.
              Kit

Comment

thanks Kit that was what I was worried about think I'll get the birth cert instead.

Comment

Working...
                X