should I send for this cert.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I send for this cert.?

I can't find one of my rellies in the 1891 census under her maiden name so I have looked up marriages from 1881-1891 and found 2 named Rose, 1 for wandsworth and 1 for islington. I also thought I should look up deaths as well and found 1. Should I send for this death cert. rather than for one of the marriages?

why not look for her under all the possible married names in the 1891 census and see if there's one where the birth year/place matches

If you want to post her name/place of birth and birth year and the spouse matches from the marriage indexes I can have a look now if you like, I'm very bored with the tv
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

It doesn't give the spouse' name on marriage indexes!

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
        It doesn't give the spouse' name on marriage indexes!
        The FreeBMD search does allow you to look for marriage records with potential spouse matches, even before 1911.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

i have only looked on ancestry!! If you want to try then details are Rose H Hatch b. 1866sheffield possible marriges I have are for 1888 2nd quater and 1891 2nd quarter. Thanks

Comment

Her birth reg seems to be in the name Rosanna.

I'd be wondering about this death:

Deaths Jun 1886
            HATCH Rose Ann 21 Sheffield 9c 291

though she would actually have been 19/20, but it is the right area (unless you know she had moved to London. I couldn't find her quickly in 1881, but I guess you have)

Comment

Well I reckon the 1891 marriage for Rose Helena J Hatch is in 1891 with parents Thomas and Hannah living in Hornsey

One of the spouses is Archibald Barnard Colenutt and there's a corresponding entry in 1901 for a Rose H J Colenuth with husband Archibald B Colenuth

ages/birthplaces for the 1891/1901 fit
              Zoe in London

Comment

This is the link for FreeBMD:
                FreeBMD Home Page

1888 Sep Q Westminster - grooms = William ELBIN and Samuel George SWAN (other bride Emily Bargus)

1891 Jun Q Islington (Rose Helena J) - grooms = Archibald Barnard COLENUTT and Thomas HENNAH (other bride Susan Esgrove)

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I found a death :

Rose Ann Hatch
                  b abt 1865 d Jun qtr1886 Sheffield Volume 9c page 291
                  Last edited by Katarzyna; 18-01-09, 22:22.
                  Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

1901 census Samuel G Swan with spouse Emily M

I agree with Merry though and as the death is in the right area I'd go for that first
                    Zoe in London

Comment

I found a death :

Rose Ann Hatch
                      b abt 1865 d1886 SheffieldVolume 9c page 291

Too late again:D
                      Kat

Comment

her parents died in 1880 and the 6 children pretty much scattered around yorkshire. From the help I recieved before (does aaron ring any bells!) in 1881 she is a domestic servant down as Ros Hatch. I have her birth ref as Rose H Hatch 1866, sheffield, yorks. I had looked at that death monty but the Ann bit put me off! So shall I go for that death cert. then? I think its my best chance, do you?

Comment

does aaron ring any bells!
                          *feelsfaint*

I think there has often been a problem with the names Rose Hannah, Rose Anna, Roseanna, Rosanna etc.

I would suggest that you need to look closely at the 1881 /1871 to see if you can find another candidate for the death cert. Of course the death cert might belong to a married woman, but you could get round this by applying to Sheffield register office and say you only want the cert of the person is recorded as single (ie not "the wife of X Hatch")

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
                            i have only looked on ancestry!! If you want to try then details are Rose H Hatch b. 1866sheffield possible marriges I have are for 1888 2nd quater and 1891 2nd quarter. Thanks
                            Tessie to view the possible marriages you need to click on "view record"

you will then have a Volume No and a Page no.

If you click on the page no you will be able to view the possible partners.

It is better/easier to use Free BMD for 1837 - approx 1820 , see Christine's post above.
                            Last edited by Katarzyna; 18-01-09, 22:46.
                            Kat

Comment

Working...
                            X