1841 Hertfordshire help, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1841 Hertfordshire help, please

I am struggling to find some of my family on the 1841 census in North Mimms, Hertfordshire.

I have looked at the list of parishes (below the search form for the 1841 census). North Mimms does not even figure . I then looked for parishes around there. The parish of Ridge description says it is in the South Mimms district ..... but South Mimms isn't on the list either

Is there a trick to it ..... or is there just a big blank area in this part of Herts? Please can someone with more local knowledge help?

Here they are in 1851: HO107; piece 1712; folio 59; page 29
    William Peck, George Peck and Jane Peck. 3 siblings whose places of birth have proved a long held theory of mine about movement in the family. I am fairly sure they would have been in North Mimms in 1841 because I have seen burials for their probable parents on the NBI.

Anne

According to Findmypast the reference should be HO107 Piece: 442 Book/Folio: 1/29 Page: 2

..but I am having trouble finding it on Ancestry!
    Elaine

Comment

Anne - is this link usefu?

St. Marys North Mymms home page
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

A picture of the church is in the WIKI POW project - I took it myself!
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

If you go onto Google and then maps and type in "St Mary" and "North Mimms" with your setting on "Aerial" you will see the geography of the parish. The A1 (M) runs very close by these days.

Sorry - it should be "St Mary" and "North Mymms"
          Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 18-01-09, 21:20.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:

Comment

Thanks for your help, Elizabeth. I haven't got much idea of geography right down there!! :p

Elaine helped me with the 1841 census. That whole bit seems to be completely missing from Ancestry! I have them now thanks.

Anne

Comment

Replied to your second PM, Elizabeth but your inbox is full!
              Anne

Comment

Anne, I have just deleted a whole lot of messages now! (FTF sent me an e-mail).
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:

Comment

Working...
                X