wandsworth/islington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wandsworth/islington

Hi, I know nothing of boundaries etc or where places are!! Has Wandsworth or Islington ever been in Middlesex or Surrey? What about Fulham would the reg district be wandworth/islington? Thanks
    Last edited by tessie31082; 18-01-09, 20:22.

Wandsworth definitely used to be in Surrey and I think Islington was in Middlesex.
    :D Carolyn

Comment

Wandsworth is Surrey
      Islington is Middlesex

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

thanks

Comment

Fulham is one of those complex ones as the boundary changed. See this note from free BMD.

Fulham Registration District

It is nowhere near Islington but from memory it is fairly near Wandsworth. I think now it comes under the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.

Comment

Wandsworth is south of the River Thames, the others are north of the river.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

This is a good place to search for the registration districts.

Registration districts for Places

Fulham MDX 1837- 1875 Kensington
              Fulham MDX 1875- 1889 Fulham transferred to LND in 1889
              Fulham LND 1889 -1965 Fulham transferred from MDX in 1889 / after 1965 see Hammersmith (GTL)
              Last edited by Katarzyna; 18-01-09, 22:30.
              Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Annie Oaktree View Post
                Fulham is one of those complex ones as the boundary changed. See this note from free BMD.

Fulham Registration District

It is nowhere near Islington but from memory it is fairly near Wandsworth. I think now it comes under the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
                Correct that Fulham is listed under Kensington, though many transcriptions keep stating kennington just to try and confuse things

Researching:
                FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Fulham and Wandsworth are connected by Wandsworth bridge. If you look at my avitar photo, im on the Fulham side looking over at Wandsworth......Islington is north london.

Fulham comes under Hammersmith & Fulham not Kensington & Chelsea.
                  Last edited by Rosi Glow; 19-01-09, 00:00.
                  Rosi

We are the famous CFC

Comment

Fulham MDX 1837- 1875 Kensington
                    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

You can see where they are in relation to eachother on google maps.

London is the City of London and before the spread of Greater London, the surrounding area north of the Thames was Middlesex and south of the Thames was Surrey.
                      ~ with love from Little Nell~
                      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
                      X