Canadian Expeditionary Force - Passenger Lists query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Expeditionary Force - Passenger Lists query

I have a feeling I am asking a very dumb question :o - but I can't find the answer!

If a Canadian came to this country as part of the Canadian Expeditionary Force, and returned to Canada at the end of WW1, would he be likely to feature in ordinary passenger lists for either or both the outward and return journeys?

Or would he have been on military ships?

Thanks
    Last edited by Muggins in Sussex; 18-01-09, 16:16.
    Joan died in July 2020.

I think he would have been on military ship.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks Nell

I have spent a large part of the day going through passenger lists and the thought suddenly entered my little brain that he might not feature in them anyway - LOL :D:D:D
      Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

His name wouldn't be Platt by any cahnce would it?? :D
        Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

The CEF names do appear on inbound lists on the Canadian archives site... but not indexed. You'd need to have an idea of ship and date to stand much chance... Unless you're seriously dedicated and are willing to trawl through hundreds of images on the offchance of finding him.

e.g. Metagama inbound to Montreal May 1916

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Bo the Bodger View Post
            His name wouldn't be Platt by any cahnce would it?? :D
            LOL Bo - How did you guess ? :D

Christine, thanks - I started ploughing through the Canadian Archives site and gave up - as all I have is the person's name - which possibly isn't even his real name anyway !
            Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Working...
            X