British Library and Patents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Library and Patents

Does anyone know if there is a way to search old British Patents online?

I know that post 1998 ones are on line but I'm looking at approximately 100 year old ones.

I've tried searching the British Library site but seem to go round in circles. Any idea if they plan to digitise old patents?

I also looked at the British Library's search fees wow, they certainly add up.
    Brian

Brian, have you looked at this page for information:

Intellectual Property Office - Search patents

How far back do you want to go?

Are you looking for a particular inventor or company, or just a particular subject matter?
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

If a UK patent has been filed in the USA you could find it here:

PatFT ยป Page 1 of 1
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thanks for the links Elizabeth.

The IP office only (IIRC) has post 1968 Patents searchable.

I'm looking for ones from the time scale, 1900 - 30's (for now) some by known number; but would like the ability to search by Company/Inventor

[I now know what Rumsfeld meant by "known knowns, known unknowns and unknown unknowns!" ] ;)

Thanks
        Brian
        Brian

Comment

Working...
        X