41/51 census help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 41/51 census help please

Hi, if anyone has any spare time and can help it would be appreciated! I am after william hatch born 1826-1828 in gainsborough, lincs according to the 71 census. I have one possible in 51 Class: HO107; Piece: 2262; Folio: 519. I have him in 61 with his wife with his place of birth as Grimsby, lincs. What do you think? As they are all quite near each other do you think they ar the same William? I can't find him in 41.
    Thanks

Have you got his marriage certificate which will show his father´s name and occupation and hopefully help to confirm you have found the right family in earlier censuses.
    Elaine

Comment

no as I cannot find their marriage. I also posted yesterday that I cannot find Mary Ann's birth and I have searched everywhere they have suggested. I def. have the right family for 61 and 71.

Comment

Have you got the references for 1861 and 1871?
        Elaine

Comment

Do you know Mary Ann´s maiden name?
          Elaine

Comment

It´s OK - have found the census.

What about this marriage
            Marriages Mar 1853
            HATCH William
            MEDLAM Mary Ann
            Sheffield 9c 362

This would link in with Aaron Midlam showing on the 1871 census with the Hatch family.
            Elaine

Comment

That's the same marriage I was just going to post!

Comment

I must have been blind, I searched and searched for that marriage yesterday! Aaron Medlam is Mary Ann's brother and he died in 1873. They also had a son called Aaron who I can't find in 1881. We had trouble with him when I originally posted back in August I think it was. I have a reference for him (I think its him so long ago I can't remember what we decided) but I don't know how to put it into ancestry to search.

Comment

Give me the reference and I´ll see if I can find him for you.
                  Elaine

Comment

Here is the reference I have RG11; Piece: 3760; Folio: 57; Page: 14;. Where do you go though to put the ref. in?

Comment

Go to Ancestry and the 1881census
                      Ancestry.co.uk - Browse

Scroll down to the bottom of the search boxes and you will a side heading of Census, and underneath three boxes marked Piece / Folio / Page
                      Enter the reference you have got and click search. You don´t need to put anything else in the other search boxes.
                      It will then show you all the people who are recorded on that page in the census.
                      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
                        Here is the reference I have RG11; Piece: 3760; Folio: 57; Page: 14;. Where do you go though to put the ref. in?
                        I don´t think that is your Aaron - place of birth not right and I can see an Aaron in the 1861 census which matches this 1871 entry.
                        Elaine

Comment

bummer! he got married in 1884! His mum and dad both died in 1880 and the children are scattered around everywhere. I will try to search for the others and leave him for a bit then! Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
                          X