Cecil Charles and Albert Smith,London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cecil Charles and Albert Smith,London

A difficult ask I know but can anyone help me to find the parents of the above bothers. Cecil, Charles was born 4th June 1908 and his birth is registered in Chelsea South.Not sure if Albert was older or younger. There may have been a sister too.Possible name of father Harry Smith.

If I sent off for Cecils full birth certificate would it give details of both parents?

Cheers, Cyndy

Hi Cyndy

Here is the registration from BMD, with ref no for cert. The cert should give names of both parents.

Cecil Charles Smith
    Year of Registration: 1908
    Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
    District: Chelsea (1841-1981)
    County: Greater London, London, Middlesex
    Volume: 1a
    Page: 382
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Yes a birth cert gives father's name and occupation, mother's name and maiden name and their address.
      Another way to find them would be to try the 1911 census at Welcome to the official 1911 Census website where you can do a search for free and if you find anything pay for either a transcript or an image of the form completed by the householder.

Comment

I have just had a quick look on 1911 and nothing came up so I think getting the birth cert would be best to start with. Come back on here when you've got it and we can help find the family for you.

Comment

Working...
        X