Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have access to Australian Ancestry records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have access to Australian Ancestry records?

I see there is information about Fred Quintrell on there - it might not be mine as I know of at least one other in Australia (found by googling).

My Fred committed suicide in 1901.

His full name was "Fred Wood Quintrell" and he was incorrectly put as "Frederick" on his death certificate.

I would like to find out when he went to Australia (Ancestry have non-assisted passage records) and if he made it onto the electoral rolls as there is a Fred Quintrell there (probably not him).
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
    I see there is information about Fred Quintrell on there - it might not be mine as I know of at least one other in Australia (found by googling).

My Fred committed suicide in 1901.

His full name was "Fred Wood Quintrell" and he was incorrectly put as "Frederick" on his death certificate.

I would like to find out when he went to Australia (Ancestry have non-assisted passage records) and if he made it onto the electoral rolls as there is a Fred Quintrell there (probably not him).
    WhATS HIS DATE OF BIRTH PLEASE .EDI

Comment

Originally posted by Englishedith View Post
      WhATS HIS DATE OF BIRTH PLEASE .EDI
      There's a W QUINTRELL DOB 1856 on the unassisted immigrant list age 41 departure london ship..Ballarat .Arrival Sydmey 1897.
      EDI

Comment

Edi, he was born 28th Dec 1863 :D
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Originally posted by Englishedith View Post
          There's a W QUINTRELL DOB 1856 on the unassisted immigrant list age 41 departure london ship..Ballarat .Arrival Sydmey 1897.
          EDI
          Also Mr Qiuntrell
          departurer Rockhampton
          arrival sydney
          11 nov 1892
          vessel fitzroy

a lot of the others are much later dates of arrival after 1901

Comment

Edi, thanks for the information. I'll note it for future reference.

Fred was in Sydney in January 1901. He shot himself through the head with his own revolver and died on 8th January. He is buried in Rookwood Cemetry.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

Working...
            X