Ancestry trouble .... again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry trouble .... again

Does anyone please know why I can't 'view record' on the 1837-1983 marriage records.

I use to get all the people on the page but I'm just getting a blank page now .. with the ads of course. I can view the image .... but I was looking for the first name of a partner.

Thanks
    Jean
    Jean....the mist is starting to clear

I'm getting the same thing Jean, another blip their end.

Comment

Thankyou Sue ..... I thought it was Firefox...so I went back to IE ...... I thought I'd really mucked it up with swapping about with search engines.

Relieved now

Jean

Comment

MOST annoying when you want to look up something. Same here, it neither works theough OE or Firefox. I suppose they will sort it eventually. Births and deaths are the same.

Comment

I did hear that there was trouble between Ancestry and AOL. Could it be that which is causing the problem? There's a thread on GR about it.

Anne

Comment

Hi

I am not on AOL but I am having the same problem.
            I have tried Firefox 2 , Firefox 3 , Opera and IE6 with the same results so have assumed the problem is Ancestrys end.

Ken

Comment

Same problem here....I went direct to the Free BMD site

FreeBMD - Search

and found what I wanted there

Beverley

Comment

I have no problems viewing images with Ancestry but I always use FreeBMD.
                Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

It's not viewing the image that is the problem, Wendy...you can't bring up the record that allows you to match up with possible spouses on Ancestry at the moment. You can still do this at http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

Beverley

Comment

I don't have a problem getting the records either Bev.
                    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I've been having the same problem.
                      I went over to Freebmd as well.
                      Elaine

Comment

.... I'm not with AOL and I also went to FreeBMD ..but I'm so glad to see it's not only me, I was starting to tear my hair out.

Jean

Comment

I don't seem to be having that problem. Tell me who you're looking for and I'll look it up for you

Comment

I have been able to get most records and images (apart from the last day or two when we just got the boy and noose), but I cannot get an image for the directories.

I queried this and got this reply:
                            Unfortunately we do not support the site with Safari. I suggest you try using the site with Firefox or IE7 as it works much better.
                            I switched my Ancestry link to Firefox - and still can't get directory images.

Christine
                            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                            X