James Souter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Souter

James Souter was born in Scotland and was a Cooper, as far as we know he owned his own company, His son James was born in Cockfield Suffolk in 1773, so James (father) must have been born about 1740 , can any one help please??? Living Downunder is very hard in some thing like this
    Thank you
    Sheilafromdownunder walking cat.gif
    Last edited by Sheila from Down Under; 17-01-09, 02:02.
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Have you got James (junior) mother's name?

I have one Souter family on my tree but don't know where the father came from. I'd say Cabrach parish in Scotland as that is the children were all born in the 1770/1780s.

William Souter was born in the delightfully named place of Nether Howbog in Cabrach.

The Cabrach is the whisky area so a cooper would be possible.

Comment

Hi Libby , No I don't have anything further back than my James 1774, most of the Souters I have were Coopers, I have a Souter cousin, on GR and it was she that helped me find the Cockfield site, with them all on. + she has BMD certificate, but going backwards nothing. I agree it sounds about right
      Sheila

Comment

Libby --- James Souter born Cockfield Suffolk 1781 Married Martha Crick in Cockfield on 22 Feb: 1801 -- Martha Crick was born in Cockfield 5th Dec: 1775 .There are 7 children registerred in their name in the local church I can't go any further back Sorry
        Sheila

Comment

Working...
        X