Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Winner of WDWTYA? 15th January 2009 is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Winner of WDWTYA? 15th January 2009 is.....

malky

Well done!

Congratulations Malcy hope you have a great week and get some walls down , there is brill people work on this ;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

ohhh where are you i am bored i what to help some one
      wye surrey/london/birmingham
      lawrence/laurence berkshire/london/norfolk
      hall harrison cook/e pratt surrey
      ebbage maltby pratt norfolk
      herbert pratt yorkshire/hampshire
      armstrong/rickinson/harrison/beddington yorkshire

Comment

congratulations enjoy have plenty paper and pens you will be kept busy.brenda xxx

Comment

Hi everyone,
          Sorry have been looking after Grandkids....am shattered. Here is the things I cannot trace as yet:

Marriage of Elizabeth Louisa PHILLIPS to John George Benjamin PETTS. they have 2 children Ethel Catherine Dec 1/4 1897 St Saviour Southwark 1d 164 and Ernest John 21st July 1899. Can find no trace of marriage but she goes on to marry Edward HANCOCK on 3rd June 1905 and has another child Doris Ivy Dec 1/4 1906 Wandsworth 1d 603.

Any help???? Be back with another problem shortly.

Malky

Comment

Really never thought I could win this but hey its great.

Next Query:

Looking for births of Stephen DALBY Ag Lab married Mary FRANCE 7th September 1837 In Holbeach, Lincolnshire But cannot find either of their births. Presume from marriage lines that they were born about 1816/17 as they were both of full age.

Alot of this line of Dolbies are from Lincolnshire but his father Joseph DALBY and his mother Mary HAND, were married At St Nicholas in Nottingham. Need their births too Figured about 1780/85.

Comment

Hope I am not asking too much but here goes.......next question:

Looking for marriage of Thomas MAGOR to Cordelia ?? their children were all born East Stonehouse/Plymouth December 1864 June 1868 and march 1870. These are the only children I have found. On 1871 census says they were born Him - Bodmin and her - Newton Abbott. He was in the Navy in the 1871 census -there are entries by the Navy and his wife! Need their birth as well!

Thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

Thanks Borobabs I hope I do....am trying to think of all the questions I have. Hopefully I amy get some answers.

Good luck to you too.

Comment

Tinkerbe, so sorry to have missed you. Will see if I can help you at all as well.

Malky

Comment

Last question for today is: I have Justinian HANCOCK born 8th December 1813 in Barnstaple. Parents James HANDCOCK and Mary. Have them on the 1841,51,61and 71 census' James born Barnstaple and Mary born Bishops Tawton, which is just outside Barnstaple. The only marriage I can find is Mary Rockey in Hatherleigh which is not quite right for me as I think it is about 8 miles south from what I can see on the map.

Any ideas????

Malky

Comment

Hi malky!

Problem 1) I hate it when you can't find a marriage but there doesn't seem to be an obstacle! (like a previous current marriage for one/both parties!)

Problem 2) What happened to this couple after they married? I can't see a death for Stephen at all. Full age means 21 or over, so you would need to be flexible with birth dates. How do you know the mother's name?

Problem 3) I have looked at Cordelias in the 1851 and 1861 censuses and notice there are none born in Newton Abbot! I wonder if she fancied a change of forename? Maybe it would be worth getting a childs birth cert to confirm her maiden surname?

Problem 4) I can smell garlic bread burning.....................

Comment

Hi Monty,

Problem 4: Hope the garlic bread is OK.

Problem 1: I could not understand why there appears to be no marriage for the first 2 children. I do know that John George Benjamin dies Sept 1/4 1901 in Woodbridge, Suffolk.

Problem 2: I have the birth cert. of Richard DALBY, on that she is Mary FRANCIS. Also have marriage cert for Stephen DOLBY & Mary FRANCE and this gives their fathers as Joseph DOLBY for Stephen and John FRANCE for Mary. Altered spelling!

Problem 3: As you say think I will have to fork out for birth cert. for one of the children.

Thanks

Malky

Comment

When/where was Richard Dalby born?

Comment

Richard was born on 25th May 1847, Boongate, Peterborough which was then in Northampton and now Cambridge.

Comment

Ok am sighning off now as I said earlier am shattered after looking after my Granchildren. Will logon tomorrow. Thanks anyone who it trying to help me.

happy days,
                              Malky

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                                Problem 3) I have looked at Cordelias in the 1851 and 1861 censuses and notice there are none born in Newton Abbot! I wonder if she fancied a change of forename? Maybe it would be worth getting a childs birth cert to confirm her maiden surname?
                                Have you had a gander at the Google map to check for surrounding areas? Not that there are many. I have folk born in Ipplepen, which is what they put on the census.
                                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Well, as Newton A. is the name of a whole reg district, I put it into the Keywords box and hopefully that would pick up people born in the designated places within the district, but only if they were spelled correctly :(

Comment

That's why I asked. My grandma's family lived in Torquay (or Tormoham as it was then).
                                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

So Cordelia's census records say the following about her birth:

1871 Newton Abbot abt 1847
                                      1881 Tavistock abt 1845
                                      1891 Calstock (that's Cornwall, isn't it?) abt 1847
                                      1901 Newton Abbot abt 1846

1911 abt 1845/46 somewhere other than Tavistock, Calstock or Newton Abbot! lol

death Q4 1923 aged 78 = abt 1845.

Comment

The most promising person is Cordelia Axford b 1847 on the 1861 census, living st East Stonehouse and b at Newton, Devon. Of course there's no obvious marriage for her though!

Comment

Working...
                                        X