Oh dear - 1911 won't let me in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh dear - 1911 won't let me in

Last time I was on 1911 I forgot to log out, so now it is showing that the last session was timed out. When I tried to log in it said 'This e-mail address is already in use elsewhere. I have checked but I'm not logged in to FMP or anything
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

I get that as well sometimes Chrissie.
    Just try putting something in the search box to see if it works - I have found that it works sometimes,even though it doesn´t look as if it will - otherwise close it down and try again in about 15 minutes.
    Elaine

Comment

Oh, thanks Elaine, that's a relief. It wouldn't let me search but we are off to bed now so hopefully it will let me in tomorrow

Comment

I had that happen so reported it and was told that there was a problem concerning that but it should be ironed out soon.
        Joy

Comment

Yeah me too. I think the cookies that the 1911 site sets on the log ins are contradictory.

Edit: to say if it still says your log in/email is logged in somehwere else. You need to clear all your cookies and passwords to log in again. But if you do this you'll have to log in on every other site that you frequent too.
          Last edited by Guest; 15-01-09, 23:16.

Comment

Thank you Joy and Maggie. If I still have a problem tomorrow I may contact them.

Comment

Usually when I've had that message I've managed to log out and in again, but I can't remember exactly how I did it now!
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

To solve it you can just clear everything.

I would say cookies and passwords but I always delete everything. But like I said you will need to log in to every other site after that.

Sometimes its good to delete all that stuff regularly anyway but not everyday which is what the 1911 site seems to require every time 'one' visits it.

Its a html program problem the 1911 site can't figure out kept passwords and log ins, it sort of does but the minute you try to search it assumes you're a 'stranger' because it thinks you're logged in somewhere else but 'you' are suddenly here!
                Last edited by Guest; 15-01-09, 23:26.

Comment

Oh, I've got that same message now and it won't let me sign back in, but I think I only had 9 credits left anyway, so I'll just do some free searching without logging in, and try out Smiley Sammy's tip.
                  KiteRunner

Comment

Having designed websites years ago with HTML coding I think there's a bit of coding missing on the remember passwords but that might have something to do with the beta testing!

It could be something that they have forgotten to change or possibly didn't realise would be a problem.

I have emailed them regarding this problem 4 days ago no response yet.

Comment

I've had that message several times where it won't let you sign back in (usually because I don't log out when I close the computer down), so all I do is to go to the 1911 search and say "search again" and it usually comes back with the search facility.
                      There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Yeah thats the problem - we want it to remember our log in and password poperly rather than thinking we're a clone.

Thats the little problem we have. If we logged out everytime no problem but we don't want to do that.

We want it to work properly the way it should.
                        Last edited by Guest; 15-01-09, 23:47.

Comment

I get that message sometimes, too, but I've never needed to clear cookies or anything - just ignore it and carry on searching.

Comment

I get it too. I just hit the back button until I'm on the search screen again and off I go.
                            Kit

Comment

That doesn't work for me.

But that means you're not logged in surely.

Comment

It's safer not to be logged in if you don't want to spend money, though!
                                KiteRunner

Comment

Oh, it's just logged me back in while I was searching! I didn't even notice it doing it.
                                  KiteRunner

Comment

when that has happened to me all I did was click on search and it was fine
                                    Julie
                                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks everyone
                                      Well, I got in this morning ok and was just trying to narrow down my search when it told me that the site was busy and they were having to limit the people searching. So I didn't get chance to log off and I imagine that I shall have the same problem next time of being timed out

Comment

It never occurs to me to log out & I haven't noticed any problem when I go back in.
                                        Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

Working...
                                        X