X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing in 1881

Hello
    can anyone help?
    Im looking for Henry Thomas Hummerston, I have his birth in 1856 Jul qtr Stepney 1c 454 and then entries in 1861, 1871 and 1891 where he is married to Elizabeth ? but can find nothing in 1881 or a marriage.
    I have tried different spellings but still get no where.
    Any suggestions please

Thanks
    Marie
    My avatar is my GGGF JJJW Hummerston
    Researching HUMMERSTON in LONDON...DAVIES in MONMOUTH....SHIRLOW/SHERLOW and MILLAR in BELFAST....MILLAR and MCGRATH in ADELAIDE SA

What was his occupation? Did they have children? Can you not get one of the kids birth certs for Liz's maiden name? In 1871 where was he and who with?
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 15-01-09, 20:32.

Comment

His occupation was listed as marble polisher mason and no children were listed with them.
      In 1871 he was at home with parents Henry and Elizabeth, sisters mary and Elizabeth(again lol)
      and brother James in Enochs Court Whitechapel.
      Researching HUMMERSTON in LONDON...DAVIES in MONMOUTH....SHIRLOW/SHERLOW and MILLAR in BELFAST....MILLAR and MCGRATH in ADELAIDE SA

Comment

in the 71 and 91 what is his occupation and address?

Comment

in 71 his address is as previous post. In 61 it was 17 King st Lambeth

Comment

So this is them in 1861 living in Lambeth?

Henry Hummerston 30
            Elizabeth Hummerston 31
            Elizabeth Hummerston 7
            Henry Hummerston 4
            Mary Hummerston 2

Comment

yes thats the family

Comment

do you have elizabeths place and date of birth?

Comment

no all i have is she was born in St Pancras and going by the age on the census it puts her year of birth at c1852
                  sorry i know its not much

Comment

And in all documents and census he uses the name Henry? Why Im asking is there is an Elizabeth born St Pancras with a Hummerston but his name is given as William T born 1851 Shoreditch - spose too unlikely

Will. T. Hummerston 30
                    Elizth. Hummerston 26
                    Elizth. Hummerston 2
                    Amelia Hummerston 1
                    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 15-01-09, 20:47.

Comment

yes he is Henry on everything

Comment

everything i have says Henry or Henry T

Comment

I guess with that occupation he could have travelled for his work.

Comment

could have yes butin 1891 he is in whitechapel so it makes me think they didnt go very far, the same oes for the rest of his family.

Comment

Very odd.

Comment

its just possible that they went abroad and then came back between 1871 and 1891 but i am not sure how to look for that.
                                any ideas?
                                thanks for all your help
                                Marie

Comment

I was thinking more of a weird and wonderful mistrans for the name. I take it you found the rest of the family?

Comment

Possibly on the incoming lists on Ancestry, it is suprising just how far stonemasons and their associated trades would travel through work.

I have one who in a four year span (births of children anyway) covers Yorks, Derbyshire, London and Kent.......all from 1900-1904.

And as mistranscriptions i was thinking something like Humberston(e), Ummerston(e) and Amberston(e).
                                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                                    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                                    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Ive found a Bummerston Glen Cant see them on the incoming list

Comment

Mistaking an H for a B isn't too wild a possibility.

The worst cse is if they are indexed in the surname of the neighbours :(

Or the road name...................i have had that a time or too before now.
                                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                                        My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                                        My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Working...
                                        X