Anyone good at searching for images?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone good at searching for images?

I can never seem to find anything on Google Image search and I don't know what other ones there are. I'm trying to find a picture of a house in Walsingham Road, Hove, Sussex, to get an idea of what kind of houses they are - if it turned out to be number 51 it would be especially great but any one would do. Can anyone find such a picture, please?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Found this buy no idea which house is no 51!

51, Walsingham Road, BN3 4FE
    Elaine

Comment

Have you got Google Earth?

The pictures won't give me three-D, but it appears to be a street of semis. You might get similar info by using the zoom on Google maps.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I already looked at that Mouseprice thing, thanks, Elaine, but I couldn't work out which bit I was supposed to be looking at.

Google Earth - think that will have to wait until we get broadband.
        KiteRunner

Comment

Or go into google maps and enter 51 Walsingham Road Hove
          Then zoom in using satellite view
          Elaine

Comment

Use google maps Kate, no need to download google earth
            Elaine

Comment

Here's the link - Google Maps

At the moment, there doesn't seem to be much distinction between Google Earth and Google Maps - you can't get the 3D on Google Earth - and neither can you get Street View on Google Maps.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

KiteRunner....try aboutmyplace : UK maps and in-depth, local information for your area
                Search for Hove, Sussex and then the name of the street.
                Use the 'Birdseye view'
                Kathleen

Comment

If you want a 'Birds Eye View' of the area, you can try Windows Live Maps (Google 'live map'). It doesn't cover all areas of the UK - mainly town centres - but there are quite a few places on it.

Had a quick peek, and your road is on. The houses look quite nice Good size gardens too!

Just noticed, AboutMyPlace is powered by Windows Live.
                  Last edited by Orangeblossom; 15-01-09, 21:55.
                  Tracy

Comment

Afraid I don't know what number this is but here you go...

fish4 homes - property, flats and houses for sale

I've been searching and I think that the numbers start at the 'coast' end and rise and the odd numbers are on the right.
                    Last edited by BigShaz McCreadie; 15-01-09, 22:29.
                    With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

Thanks, Shaz, and everyone. I found 2 of my grandfather's cousins there on the 1911 and looking in the 1915 Kelly's Directory, it had my 2xg-grandfather's name listed, so I was interested to see what kind of house it might have been. Looks like a nice area.
                      KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                      X