Info. on court of appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info. on court of appeal

I have found someone listed on The Times Digital Archive under courts of appeal that may belong to me. It doesn't give any information however. Does anyone know how I would fid out more, its 1933?
    Thanks

Hi

This may not be a huge help - there are a very few selected historical Court of Appeal decisions here - British and Irish Legal Information Institute

If the case has been reported it will be in bound volumes such as "The All England Law Reports" - these can be found at the Inns of Court Law libraries - but you have to be a member - also at University Law libraries, and, I guess, at the British Library and at Kew and other large libraries.

But I think most Court of Appeal cases went unreported - and I think you would have to consult the Registrar of the Court of Appeal.

Sorry if that's not much help
    Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

thanks for your time- much appreciated

Comment

I'm sure you will have thought of this, but if there was a hearing in the Court of Appeal, it was presumably an appeal against a decision of a lower Court - eg if the hearing was in the Court of Appeal, Criminal Division, it would be an appeal against a hearing in the Assize Court - or if the hearing was in the Court of Appeal, Civil Division, it could be an appeal against a hearing in the County Court. - But you may already have those details.
        Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Working...
        X