Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARRIAGE for Nichols still sought

Hi everyone.

I am still searching for the marriage of William Nichols. b around 1804-11 Hammersmith. On 61 census he is with wife Maria, a nurse, and on 71 his wife is listed as Elizabeth, nurse. I have discounted quite a few marriages, and have bought an incorrect certificate, which seemed the obvious one. He would have married (if he did that is, which I am inclined to think so) after 1851 census, as he was with brother Peter then.

His brother Peter, bc 1809, was the same age on one census as brother William, then younger than him on another census.

I am trying anything to establish their parents.

I have tried looking for their baptism but can't find them. Both Peter and William were basketmakers. Peter died before the 81 census, and I can't find William, so presumed he too had died. There are too many Williams to pinpoint his death.

Any help at all would be much appreciated, as well as any new suggestions as to what I could try next.

This is a longstanding brick wall and I thought I'd give it one last shot. Anybody up to an impossible challenge as this has got me beat

Regards,

Treesa

If I remember rightly, William didn't have any children, did he? Did Peter ever marry and / or have children?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks for a super quick reply!!

No, that's right , William didn't have any children, but Peter did - Peter, Hannah and George.

Comment

I have peter's marr cert, stating Peter as father, but when I asked on here previously, sme said he could have been made up. Hence why I wanted to get Will's marr cert to see what he put!!

Comment

Have you tried all spellings Treesa.

I have Nicholls im my tree, and have found them as Nichols, Nicholls, Nikels,Nickells, and even Nicholas.
          Pam

Comment

Yes I have, Pam, thanks for reminding me. I have been very flexible on the spelling - as long as the marriage was between either William and Maria, or William and Elizabeth, I wasn't fussy on how it was spelt - not this time as this is such a puzzle.

Comment

Working...
            X